NGsD

And what I used when deer hunting from 12yrs-16years with my dad.

300 Savage

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

if you load a 257 weatherby with varmint weight bullets, you can get up around the 4000 fps.
when the nosler 55 grain 6mm/243 bullets came out, i got the 6x284 up to 4300 fps, but they weren't making it to the target. you could see the tan puffs of smoke when they disintegrated. :grin:

Lol.
I've been working up some loads for my rem 700 in 22 250 but haven't really maxed anything out.
(I'd like the barrel to last a little while)
I do have a very accurate Nosler Varmageddon loading at something like 3600 or 3700 fps tho.

I may be overstating the velocity a little since I'm pulling from memory but I'll pull the box and see if it's called out on there. Reporting back tomorrow :)

Either way it's fast and flat shooting.

Lol.
I've been working up some loads for my rem 700 in 22 250 but haven't really maxed anything out.
(I'd like the barrel to last a little while)
I do have a very accurate Nosler Varmageddon loading at something like 3600 or 3700 fps tho.

what powder are you using?
one of my shooting/varmint hunting parter's had a 22-250 and then he had it converted to 22-250 ackley improved. really gave it a boost. didn't have to change the barrel.

I may be overstating the velocity a little since I'm pulling from memory but I'll pull the box and see if it's called out on there. Reporting back tomorrow :)

Either way it's fast and flat shooting.

Weatherby's claim to fame was always having the fastest for caliber cartridge available.

I love .25 caliber rifles. Great for crossover between varmints and deer...and usually very accurate

what powder are you using?
one of my shooting/varmint hunting parter's had a 22-250 and then he had it converted to 22-250 ackley improved. really gave it a boost. didn't have to change the barrel.

I'll have to check....i think it was one of the Alliant "reloader" variants

So, I may have scratched my itch for a 1911 today.

It's a 4.25" barrel, not a 5", but the local gun shop had it for $699, which is $200 less than Gander Mountain has it on sale for.

Ruger SR1911.

ruger-6702-736676067022-2.jpg

Unfortunately, it'll be at least Saturday before I get to shoot it.

It's a 4.25" barrel, not a 5", but the local gun shop had it for $699, which is $200 less than Gander Mountain has it on sale for.

Ruger SR1911.

View attachment 25825

Nice score...I have a friend who has one and he likes it.
I shot a buddy's Sig Emperor Scorpion the other week. Talk about some 1911 envy.

Ruger SR1911.

View attachment 25825

that is spectacular!!!
i didn't know Ruger was making a 1911. and at a good price.
the 4.25" barrel is right in line with a Colt Combat Commander (i've had three).

no I'M gassing for a 1911. thanks a lot. :grin:

How I scratch my 1911 itch...

Colt Combat Target with adjustable sights and custom scales...

Kimber Classic Custom...MagnaPorted, Tasco Dot...

was anyone here aware that Ruger is selling SUPPRESSORS for their 22's & 17's??
they're LEGAL??

i W A N T!!!!!!
top.jpg

Legal if you have a NFA stamp.
Look into a trust for max flexibility but no matter how you do it, buy the time you thread your 'host' or get new ones, go through the process & buy your suppressor, you're going elbow deep into your wallet. You can get a trust going to as low as $99

Back