NGsD

That ain't bad at all. I need to sell the 22/45 I bought a couple years ago... or maybe not, just buy this one to add to the collection. Hey, they're smaller than guitars.

The prices haven't stabilized yet and it seems to be pretty popular. I'd imagine it'll take several months before they show up used at a reasonable discount.
If you have a 22/45 that shoots great and isn't finicky with ammo, I'd keep it. The shops around here just dropped the price on some of the ruger products (mk3s base at $299 right now) so I don't know if that'll impact the used value on yours.

The prices haven't stabilized yet and it seems to be pretty popular. I'd imagine it'll take several months before they show up used at a reasonable discount.
If you have a 22/45 that shoots great and isn't finicky with ammo, I'd keep it. The shops around here just dropped the price on some of the ruger products (mk3s base at $299 right now) so I don't know if that'll impact the used value on yours.
I've seen the prices drop in the mk models... It runs great, I'll keep it. It's just that every time a sporty new .22 pistol comes along, I go into "how am I going get the cash for one of these" mode. Just like music gear, lol.

Here's my .257 Weatherby magnum. Sako action. 3-9 Leupold Vari X II. My dad built this rifle in the 70's. Hand carved the stock from a blank. He let me rough out the stock on the band saw. I was probably 10 at the time.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I got this a couple weeks back to shoot in our beer league air rifle meet. Weihrauch HW30S. From a rest it will put ten shots through one ragged hole. The target below was shot tonight standing offhand at 10 meters. I have a new scope coming for it tomorrow. I threw that old glenfield 4x15 on there for the time being.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I haven't shot it since I was a teenager. It's overdue to be shot :) Maybe when the weather breaks.

I'm mostly a paper puncher. Haven't gone hunting since I was 16. Need a lot of room to open that one up. Velocity is something like 4200 fps.

Last edited:
That's a nice rifle tele....and a great caliber
I find stuff like that to be infinitely cooler than some schmo's AR with rail mounted laser sight and tactical cup holder.

Unfortunately that's what a lot of people think about these days when they think "custom rifle"

:facepalm:

I haven't shot it since I was a teenager. It's overdue to be shot :) Maybe when the weather breaks.

I'm mostly a paper puncher. Haven't gone hunting since I was 16. Need a lot of room to open that one up. Velocity is something like 4200 fps.

what goes 4200 fps? not a pellet rifle. hell, i don't know too many things that WILL go that fast. i had my 6mm x 284 up in that area, but the bullets were disintegrating before reaching the target.

what goes 4200 fps? not a pellet rifle. hell, i don't know too many things that WILL go that fast. i had my 6mm x 284 up in that area, but the bullets were disintegrating before reaching the target.

According to several of my reloading manuals, a 22-250 can crack 4200 fops with the right loading and a long enough barrel.
That's about it tho.

The 257 weatherby mag will do about 3800 fps IIRC.
Maybe faster with high octane hand loads

Edit - I checked a few manuals and found a recipe for a 75gr Sierra bullet right at 4000fps from the 257 why mag.

Last edited:
The 257 weatherby mag will do about 3800 fps IIRC.
Maybe faster with high octane hand loads

if you load a 257 weatherby with varmint weight bullets, you can get up around the 4000 fps.
when the nosler 55 grain 6mm/243 bullets came out, i got the 6x284 up to 4300 fps, but they weren't making it to the target. you could see the tan puffs of smoke when they disintegrated. :grin:

Back