NGsD

Pics of the Raw Dog Tactical and Alien Gear holsters.

The Alien Gear is actually fitted for the Shield, not the Bodyguard.

uploadfromtaptalk1452456323327.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452456330834.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452456338923.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452456345467.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good luck!

Thanks for the holster pics. I ordered a raw dog for my glock 26. I think the leather on the backside will help.

I wore it for several hours today, and other than getting into and out of the car, I could barely even tell it was there.

I like it so far.

I wore it for several hours today, and other than getting into and out of the car, I could barely even tell it was there.

I like it so far.
Cool.

I've got a similar holster made out of all kydex for my 45. It's pretty comfortable, except that I hate the feel of the kydex on my skin after a while. It's fine with an undershirt, but I rarely wear an undershirt. I think the leather backing will work well. Plus, I like that the raw dog has an adjustable cant.

Took my SP101 to the range today for a shakedown run. It was surprisingly manageable even with full-house 357 rounds. It's a fairly heavy little sucker, which is probably why. The factory grips, despite being a little small for my hand, soaked up the recoil pretty well.

I think the night-sight is higher than the factory sight would have been because it shot consistently about 6" low at about 20 ft. I adjusted my sight picture to compensate, but it's not really ideal.

I also took an older Ruger Security Six, like this to the range:
0ba654e821930f9818f492ce02b23015.jpg

I've owned it for about a year but never had a chance to shoot it. I loved it. It's not the prettiest or the fanciest revolver in the world, but it pointed and shot very well for me. I put a box of 50 rounds into a big ragged hole the size of a baseball. Single action, double action, fast, slow, everything just seemed to go right on target.

Last edited:
Picked up a pretty odd duck today:
a6f4cde0c41d90cb9de28665d00e01a2.jpg

(stock photo)

It's a Thompson Center Contender. Single shot break-action pistol with interchangeable barrels. This one came with a 45LC/410 shotshell combo barrel.
I'm planning to pick up .223 barrel and do some long-range target shooting. Maybe a 30-30 for deer hunting. The things are supposed to be outstandingly accurate....guess we'll see.

Nice. They are target pistols from what I've heard. They should be accurate.

Picked up a pretty odd duck today:
a6f4cde0c41d90cb9de28665d00e01a2.jpg

(stock photo)

It's a Thompson Center Contender. Single shot break-action pistol with interchangeable barrels. This one came with a 45LC/410 shotshell combo barrel.
I'm planning to pick up .223 barrel and do some long-range target shooting. Maybe a 30-30 for deer hunting. The things are supposed to be outstandingly accurate....guess we'll see.

i've had several friends that had a T-C, mostly in the same calibers you're talking about. but.....the badest ass pistol i've ever shot was a T-C with a 10" barrel chambered in 45-70 and it was loaded hot with rifle powder, not black powder and with a 375 grain bullet. HOLY SHIT did that thing have a kick to it. you had to wear gloves or you'd loose it.

i've had several friends that had a T-C, mostly in the same calibers you're talking about. but.....the badest ass pistol i've ever shot was a T-C with a 10" barrel chambered in 45-70 and it was loaded hot with rifle powder, not black powder and with a 375 grain bullet. HOLY SHIT did that thing have a kick to it. you had to wear gloves or you'd loose it.

:embarrassed:hmy:
That doesn't sound like any fun at all.
I've read a number of reviews that say even the .44 mag contender is a handful. Muzzle velocities are 200-300 FPS faster than a revolver because there's no b/c gap to bleed off the pressurized gasses.

:embarrassed:hmy:
That doesn't sound like any fun at all.
I've read a number of reviews that say even the .44 mag contender is a handful. Muzzle velocities are 200-300 FPS faster than a revolver because there's no b/c gap to bleed off the pressurized gasses.

after the third round, the palm of my right hand was numb. the 45-70 was a buffalo RIFLE cartridge, and then it was only in black powder. replace black powder with IMR 4831 and things get truly spectacular. kinda reminds me of the time another friend brought to the range his Rigby 470 Nitro double rifle. another rather RUDE experience.
some folks jump into icy waters in january......others try out big ass firearms.

There used to be a local range that would get all sorts of oddball hardware showing up. One guy that was a regular had a TC in .30-06

He'd shot off a rest @ 50 yrds and it was interesting to watch him fire that thing.

A couple weeks ago, my local shop had to dangle this in front of me on a visit at a nice price. SW22 Victory
35aC4ev.jpg

Out of the box I'm more accurate with this than with the others in class. On the plus side, it's balance suits me the better and it has feed everything I've put through it with zero malfunctions (no low velocity/quiet rounds).
Stock, it's got a little too much pre-travel but the break & reset are positive and smooth. Pre-travel is adjustable but I haven't touched the set screw yet. It's more accurate than I am so I'm still seeking some consistency before I start fiddling with the trigger or sights. The fiber optics are absurdly bright. Take down & cleaning are simple and painless.

Prices are bouncing around all over the place but here one of the lowest I've seen
https://www.kygunco.com/smith-and-wesson-sw22-victory-22lr-pistol-55in-satin-stainless-101-112954
$341, free shipping to your FFL and you just need to pay trf/background check fee. There's a places near me that do them as cheap as $10.
That ain't bad at all. I need to sell the 22/45 I bought a couple years ago... or maybe not, just buy this one to add to the collection. Hey, they're smaller than guitars.

Back