2022 Concert Thread

Saw Kaleo at a smaller venue in Frankfurt yesterday, maybe 5 thousand there. Hands down greatest live vocalist I've ever witnessed in concert, not even close with anyone else. JJ is a flat out power singer that left everything he had on that stage. They only did one song as an encore "No Good" but the whole venue knew at the end of that, there was nothing more he could give.

The entire band was fabulous, guitarist was effortlessly switching through atmospheric parts, to raunchy fuzz, to slide on a variety of axes within the songs, playing mostly a CAR Jazzmaster or an amberburst LP. They had two soulful ladies singing Backup that were also fabulous, the band did one big solo in that they extended their song Hot Blood by merging it with a sorta version of Samba Pa Ti.

Outstanding show, if you get a chance to see them I highly recommend those tickets.

Todd Rundgren is playing about 50 miles west of here on July 2nd. I just verified that I'm not playing that night, so I'll probably go. Never saw Todd before.

Seems to be pretty much par for the course nowadays. And with Ticketmaster, even if you manage to grab a good seat before the scalpers get it, you'll pay out the wazoo thanks to Ticketmaster's lovely Platinum Pricing scheme where ticket prices automatically adjust upward based on demand.

I'd hate to say how much I shelled out to see Paul McCartney a few weeks ago.
Regardless of the norm, if I paid that it would just suck the joy out of the experience for me.

Wife just got offered an incredibly close ticket to Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison and Joan Jet on Father's day. I gave her my blessing as she is a huge 80s hair metal fan.
I also showed her the video of Vince that @baimun posted. She said, "Well at least there's 3 other bands" lol!

Trying to decide if I want to go see the Black Crowes next week. They are playing at a super close, easy to get to venue.

Just bought tickets to Jack White at St. Augustine Amphitheater for September 19th with my 2 boys 10 and 16. Gonna be a blast!

Had an unexpected gift fall out of the sky just now — my neighbor just gave me two free tickets to James Taylor on Sunday.

I saw Superchunk at the Paradise in Boston in June.
IMG_5793.jpeg

We ended up doing the following:
- 06/11 DMB Local show Jiffy Lube Live
- 06/17 DMB Mansfield...kind of an early b-day gift for my wife while on vacation in RI
- 06/18 DMB Hartford...last minute addition, just an hour away on our way home from RI,
- 07/08 DMB SPAC N1...a now annual sojourn since 2017
- 07/09 DMB SPAC N2
- 07/17 BNL, Gin Blossoms, & Toad the Wet Sprocket at FAVORITE local venue Wolf Trap...so much fun
- 07/19 Wheels of Soul: Tedeschi Trucks Band, Los Lobos, & Gabe Dixon...just amazing musicianship over some great tunes. Five stellar singers and one of best guitar players on the planet...can't wait to catch TTB again. The only downsides were, 1) David Hidalgo wasn't w/ Los Lobos (no reason given) and 2) Wolf Trap was super strict about their curfew and TTB played a song or two less for the main set and only did one rushed encore.

The final show on the docket is Ocean's Calling Festival in MD Sept. 30 - Oct 2. So many acts we love, most of whom we've yet to see, i.e.: Alanis, Lumineers, Allen Stone, Grouplove, Larkin Poe, the Samples, Cyndi Lauper, and Sublime. I'm ready to hear all the acts I don't know too. Should be an awesome weekend.

Want to see some of the shows that'll be happening in the fall, but we're still masking for outdoor stuff and remain uncomfortable w/ the huge crowds...doing that indoors, we're still leary af.

Also want to see:
- Widespread Panic at MGM for their 3 shows
- Robert Cray Band @ the Birchmere
- Watkins Family Hour @ the Birchmere
- Dar Williams @ the Birchmere

Also want to see:
- Widespread Panic at MGM for their 3 shows
- Robert Cray Band @ the Birchmere
- Watkins Family Hour @ the Birchmere
- Dar Williams @ the Birchmere

The Birchmere is awesome. I always forget to check their calendar, but I do get emails from them from time to time.

Got Springsteen tickets for Edinburgh next year. Unfortunately I slept in on general sale say and London tickets were already gone by time I tried to get them.

Got Springsteen tickets for Edinburgh next year. Unfortunately I slept in on general sale say and London tickets were already gone by time I tried to get them.
Excellent! I’m going in for Atlanta tickets!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbj
Boz Scaggs & his band were on top of their game Friday night at the Oxford Performing Arts Center in Oxford, AL.

Last edited:
Back