2022 Concert Thread

Excellent! I’m going in for Atlanta tickets!

He's got a cheeky date in Amsterdam that I could make a weekend of but it's resale only just now and I'm not sure going to a strange stadium to try and source tickets after 3 days in Amsterdam is a headspace I want to put myself through :embarrassed:

James Taylor put on a fine set last night. It was as polished and slick as you'd expect, pretty much flawless and he's in great voice.

"Blue" Lou Marini was one of the horn players.

aa.jpg

lou.jpg

Been a few gigs already this year and a few more to come. Dates are UK format dd/mm/yyyy.
05/02/2022 - Those Damn Crows @ The Tramshed, Cardiff. A hard rock band from Wales in a great venue I hadn't been to before.
09/03/2022 - Kris Barras Band @ The Pheonix, Exeter. Brilliant guitarist/vocalist moving from blues rock to hard rock. Kris is also the lead vocalist/guitarist with Supersonic Blues Machine these days.
23/04/2022 - We Will Rock You musical @ Bristol Hippodrome. Great
09/05/2022 - Brothers Osbourne @ The Roundhouse, Camden, London. Band were excellent, first time at the venue which is a converted old train shed and is cool as you like.
25/05/2022 - Airbourne @ The Cheese and Grain, Frome. My home town venue and the first night of their European tour. They played here in 2019 as a "seceret" warm up and sold out and was one of their favourite gigs ever so they came back and did 2 nights to warm up this time.
26/05/2022 - Thunder @ Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff. Great show and had VIP packages so got to chat to the band afterwards. The gig had been rebooked 4 times due to Covid and they ended up with 2 new albums of material to show off as a result.
17/06/2022 - Queen with Adam Lambert @ O2 Arena, London. Probably the best gig I have ever been to. We were standing and about 4 deep from the front.
21/06/2022 - Walter Trout @ The Cheese and Grain, Frome. Considering the guy was nearly dead from liver failure and had to learn to walk and play guitar again only a few years ago, he is an inspiration and a genuinely nice guy to boot.
26/06/2022 - Elton John @ Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol. I bought the tickets at Christmas as this is his farewell tour and has always been on my to do list. Great concert although you could tell he was in pain as he recently had hip surgery.
08/07/2022 - Kris Barras Band (again) @ The Cheese and Grain, Frome. Part of Frome Festival and even better than when we saw them in March.
16/07/2022 - Rock N Ribs Festival @ Wincanton Racecourse. It's a 3 day local festival that puts on a mixture of country and rock acts (mainly tributes), has a lot of "American" themed food outlets, and shows of American cars and vehicles. It's a fun day out with some good food and music. The headliners on the Saturday when we went were Live Wire who are an ACDC tribute and were very, very good at it, down to coping mannerisms on stage and even having cannons for "Those About To Rock".

Coming up:
11/08/2022 - Those Damn Crows @ Chepstow Castle. Outdoor gig with one of my favourite bands.
21/08/2022 - FM @ Thekla, Bristol. Classic rock band with some great tunes. Thekla as a venue is actually a converted boat that is in Bristol harbour.
15/10/2022 - Monster Truck @ Cardiff University. Support is from Those Damn Crows (spot the theme).
23/10/2022 - Skid Row @ O2 Academy, Bristol. Very interested to see them with their new singer, he used to be in the band H.E.A.T. from Sweden. Venue is not a favourite as it gets too jam packed but it's not too far and where they're playing.
26/11/2022 - Shinedown @ Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff. The wife's favourite band and I'm fairly partial to them as well.
01/12/2022 - 04/12/2022 Planet Rockstock. Planet Rock is probably the best known rock station on digital radio here in the UK and they put on this festival each year. Been twice and enjoyed it both times.

20220617_220422.jpg

Yeah, we were pretty close for this one. :heavymetal:

Saw My Morning Jacket last night in Taos. Great show.

View attachment 76893
View attachment 76894
I’m going to be in Colorado Springs next week, for work. Depending on how it goes, I’m considering driving up to see them at Red Rocks. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to them, but I’ve always wanted to go to Red Rocks. I was in Rome, NY this week for work and if Colorado goes as poorly as Rome, then there is no chance.

I’m going to be in Colorado Springs next week, for work. Depending on how it goes, I’m considering driving up to see them at Red Rocks. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to them, but I’ve always wanted to go to Red Rocks. I was in Rome, NY this week for work and if Colorado goes as poorly as Rome, then there is no chance.
I was always kind of aware of My Morning Jacket but never dove in at all. I couldn't have named one of their songs (came to discover I recognized a couple). Great, great live band. Very classic rock sensibility (you could play Spot the Influences all night long) but kind of trippy too. Big grandiose guitar solos, great melodies, dynamics, etc. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat and definitely at Red Rocks. I wouldn't hesitate.

going to see the black dahlia murder in oct. rip trevor!!!!!

i got my tickets for like 35 bucks each and the next day the damn scalpers were charging 900-1000. apparently they dont know death metal fans are more or less broke. anyhoo, should be a fun show.

I ended up selling off my Jack White tickets. It was looking like rain and we weren't under the cover at the amphitheater so I sold them to my nephew. It was also Monday night and I was taking my 2 boys. One had a school bowling game and the other a drum lesson so it just wasn't going to work out.
Still got The Smile in December to look forward to.

Also want to see:
- Widespread Panic at MGM for their 3 shows
- Robert Cray Band @ the Birchmere
- Watkins Family Hour @ the Birchmere
- Dar Williams @ the Birchmere

Since this post we got our youngest a puppy for his 12th b-day...so the bolded just passed by w/o any hope of going. Really shoulda at least gone to the Cray show...sigh...

Vieux Farka Touré was just added to the bill of the Khruangbin show I'm seeing in a couple of weeks.

From Jane’s Addiction’s IG page. Sucks but the addition of Eric and Troy will make it an interesting show. I’ll stick around for the pumpkins if they sound good.

F38352D8-A6AB-40FF-A018-DF387A57BCA7.png

B89FC972-8962-4CE0-8F1C-7F02D6DFB709.png

Back