2022 Concert Thread

Well I, heard it from a friend who, heard it from a freind who, heard it from another they were coming to town. Ten minutes away.
Do I like their cheesey, over the top power ballads? Guilty.

View attachment 78584
I saw them in the early '80s with Survivor opening. I'd be lying if I said I had a bad time.

Ain't nobody got time for music shame. Like what you like and enjoy the show.

James is incredible. He's married to Richard Thompson's daughter Kami and they operate as The Rails. He's a killer guitarist.

The first clip is James with Kami, Zak Hobbs (Richard's grandson), Judith Owen, and Linda Thompson. The second clip adds Richard and Teddy.

Opening act was billed as The Rails, but he had his other band working, "His Lordship" punkabilly pure and I was so impressed by the fact that his SG Jr with that shadey looking vibrato never went out of tune. He was straight into some Fender and had enormous tone.

Last edited:
We are not to 2023, and I have no shows scheduled to attend the rest of the year. But have lawn tix at The Gorge in WA to see Brandi Carlile band (yes, again), Joni Mitchell on Saturday, and then The Highwomen supergroup on Sunday.

I hope to mix it up some and find some new sounds in smaller venues to hear, and maybe some alt revival nostalgia thing with my beer gut ball cap friends too. Pumpkins, Jane's, something like that. and I suppose if PJ comes around somewhere near I might have to go see them again too. And really join the beer gut ball cap flannel crowd.

Back