Wood Fired Ovens

:)

My first ever attempt at pizza romana

I seem to have only taken pictures of the badly shaped ones, the other few I made were round. honest.
dough was

100% Molina grassi 00 -first time using this, made a lovely dough imo
61% water
2.8% salt
0.2% IDY
glug of EVOO

balled straight away, 12CF + 2 hours to come to rt . Each dough ball was 180g, so was pretty thin. Next time I'll top it up to the rim as you can see it bubbled underneath where it wasn't topped

various badly added toppings
smiley.gif

Mozzarella, scamorza, jarlsberg, ricotta, parmesan, olives, pesto, chilli, fried aubergine and mushrooms, sweet peppers, salami milano, evoo, pepper. I think that's it

6XPxdU9.jpg

3xkd9Al.jpg

FGFJFpS.jpg

Last edited:
first pizzas for a while, weather was of course atrocious even by our standards.

Dough
100% molina grassi 00
62% water
3% salt
0.22% IDY

made thursday evening, so 44h CF, 4h RT

topping were standards tbf. I have just bought a couple of oregano plants so made a marinara for the first time, was really tasty.

Notice no pictures of complete pizzas as my shaping was almost as bad as the weather :( Oven wasn't quite as hot as I wanted but it was dark, pouring with rain, about 5C and very windy in my defense

pepperoni side on
vAz4cmF.jpg

pepperoni from top
N85pQAv.jpg

pepperoni base
goYCHRd.jpg

marinara
gFNDaEo.jpg

More roman thin crust, mixed results. 48 hour sourdough dough

Tasty enough though

toppings include buffalo mozz, normal mozz, 'nduja, salami, chorizo, mushrooms, caperberries and olives.

MLleWiZ.jpg

0AFhGZ1.jpg

jcQ5KeV.jpg

cEHJOQq.jpg

gWzf4wv.jpg

Gt4FqB8.jpg

GLcyUuF.jpg

Back to neo neopolitan today.

I'd planned to make the pizza today because the forecast was for a sunny intervals , at least it was two days ago. So of course there was a huge deluge that lasted the entire time I was making pizza :(

this was the best one, still needed more top heat

OtqagwT.jpg

Back to neo neopolitan today.

I'd planned to make the pizza today because the forecast was for a sunny intervals , at least it was two days ago. So of course there was a huge deluge that lasted the entire time I was making pizza :(

this was the best one, still needed more top heat

OtqagwT.jpg
in addition to making the pizzaiolo damp, does the rain cool the top?

not really, it did wet the wood i had out so i struggled to get as much flame as i needed. Some sort of rain proof awning might be a good investment

Still on the pizza. Nicest day of the year today, also I have tasted all the buffalo mozarella available in supermarkets here and the best is an Aldi one, which is also the cheapest. Which is nice.. Toppings include saucisson sec, bier stangerl, anchovies, olives, capers, mushrooms peppers

L3Y6brA.jpg

KN3zbiN.jpg

t3jbneZ.jpg

bit of an odd shape tbf
77zt72u.jpg

ECDuW1y.jpg

venison tikka babs cooked in the oven, also the naan - which ended up being more like pitta bread

did a naan bread pizza too
mW2DtXx.jpg

got two breads in there now, hopefully won't burn them as bad as last time......

Back