Wood Fired Ovens

Hanglow

Not Phil
I have just ordered one, called the Maximus, it's based on the popular Pizza Party oven so it is very light and mobile - about 60kg with the bricks in it - that's about 130lb in 'murican.

Does anyone here have one? either the proper big motherfuckers, or smaller ones.

I think I may document my various failures with it in this thread if I can remember to take pictures

Cost me close to 800 smackeroonies so I had better get good quick with it. Also ordered a load of kiln dried ash to burn in it

if there is another thread link me up, I've just imbibed about ten of belgiums finest so not in any state to do things sensibly.

cheers fuckers :)

Is this 'murican squeeze cheeze? I suspect that is banned here on grounds of decency ( and we deep fry pizza...think about it.), but I could churn my smegma and get something close. Something to ponder at least

edit: actually churning is for butter, so I could make 'murican butter by churning my smegma? awesome...

Pics?
It sounds like I could use a bbq/smoker and get the same results.

Is this 'murican squeeze cheeze? I suspect that is banned here on grounds of decency ( and we deep fry pizza...think about it.), but I could churn my smegma and get something close. Something to ponder at least

edit: actually churning is for butter, so I could make 'murican butter by churning my smegma? awesome...
No. More like a Parmesan blended with butter and brushed on before baking.

I did look into doing that but from what the internet told me, and we all know that never lies, it's quite hard to do "proper" pizza on bbq/smokers etc,

here's what it looks like

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...-MrUAhVpLMAKHX6KD0EQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1087&bih=563
Interesting. There is even a Gary Blanchard model.

I could probably get close using this.
https://www.google.com/search?q=par...0&bih=406#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=party+gator+bbq

line the bbq with bricks,pizza stone on the grill
Have fun with it.

We have a local place that built this. When I need wood fired pizza I just go there. The oven is cool as shit.

IMG_1904.PNG

Fuck me I'm still drunk...train to work today lol

There's a few pizza places here with proper WFO - I did consider making /buying one but firstly I'm lazy, secondly they are very very heavy - about ten times the weight of the one I'm getting. Also they take hours to heat up, although once they are hot you can cook in them for days. This one takes 30 -40 mins or so to get up to temperature and you can probably cook one thing as the fire dies down

I have seen some cool versions of these ovens - I would be interested, but they are kind of specialized and I have limited porch space. Maybe our next house...

I watched an instructable a while ago where you can build one for about 50 quid with a terracotta pot and some bits n bobs.... :embarrassed:

Sounds like fun though. I assume you've been to Paessano?

There's a place opened at the old LA tasca with a wodd fired oven too and does excellent pizza.

Yeah I've been to the one in town, not been to their new place in the west end yet though

I did try an make a tandoor oven before out of a large pot, it was less than successful iirc. Was a bit half arsed

Arrived today and I lit a small fire to help cure it, it's well built from what I can see. Got some dough in the fridge for testing tomorrow hopefully

vqxXxgh.jpg

We have a local place that built this. When I need wood fired pizza I just go there. The oven is cool as shit.

View attachment 34438

many years ago I was doing construction and we installed one of those monsters as part of a restaurant renovation. We had to have a forklift avail on-site as part of the shipping reqs and it was quite a task to wrestle it into it's final home in the corner of the dining area.

Back