Wood Fired Ovens

In the end I got lazy and just ate it as cold cuts with salad these last two nights . And in sammiches for lunch. I'm lambed out

Reactions: DFB
Nothing wrong with that.
I am still waiting on the passport and napkins. :grin:
It looks like you are getting great use out of that oven. :thu:
@Hanglow
Do you think that oven could work as a tandoor substitute?

Making naan and roti would be awesome.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it should make a great naan. i'll be trying that in the coming weeks. I'll probably try some kebabs to go with it

Had ten people round to cater for today, was a bit hectic but worked good just having someone top the next pizza while I cook the current one. It was raining too which was annoying, but went well in the end

here was one , put a bit too much on this one

KMFrai9.jpg

did roasted veggies and salmon in a honey/lime/chilli marinade. Worked great - also have chucked in another lamb shoulder to cook in the residual heat, covered in za'atar.

C42YGqM.jpg

zU9wggf.jpg

ZPipJkP.jpg

It's strange I mean you keep posting all these amazing pictures but I've not been invited over once :shrug: :embarrassed:

consider yourself lucky....:facepalm: did this a few weeks ago

aeeaRDj.jpg

This one went a bit better toppings were - passata with some fried garlic/basil, fresh mozz, pitted black olives, a couple of bits of aubergine and the last couple of bits of pepper from the previous pizzas and some cheapo thin sliced pepperoni folded into quarters

akSeMDS.jpg

7HDbKgZ.jpg

also did another ten this last weekend that went very well, although for the dough was really slack, not sure why i think i may have not measured the ingredients correct. and another lamb shoulder as its cheap at the moment - was the best yet.

only picture i have is of a reheated slice - this had fresh mozz, herbs, peppers and mushrooms on it. when reheating i chucked on grated aged mozz and pepperoni. they reheat really well in the oven which is good!
5gglU1B.jpg

Last edited:
I have just ordered one, called the Maximus, it's based on the popular Pizza Party oven so it is very light and mobile - about 60kg with the bricks in it - that's about 130lb in 'murican.

Does anyone here have one? either the proper big motherfuckers, or smaller ones.

I think I may document my various failures with it in this thread if I can remember to take pictures

Cost me close to 800 smackeroonies so I had better get good quick with it. Also ordered a load of kiln dried ash to burn in it

if there is another thread link me up, I've just imbibed about ten of belgiums finest so not in any state to do things sensibly.

cheers fuckers :)

Some of us mericans know that 60kg is 132 pounds.

Yeah but I'm a helper for the metrically challenged :)

Ten more pizza balls done for tonight, cooking for seven adults or so. All veggie toppings planned *spits*

Reactions: DFB
Ok ,where is the shwarma?
You have done lamb shoulder, what about a slow cooked boneless leg o lamb and a shwarma night?

*lives vicariously through that oven *

I'm planning some kebabs for next week now :)

here's some of tonights offerings

tomato sauce ,roasted veg, mozzarella, parmesan, smoked scamorza
hINqLkz.jpg

pesto as the sauce, artichoke hearts,some roast veg, mozzarella, smoked scamorza, parmesan
0X1Ue6L.jpg

tomato sauce, smoked scamorza, dollops of pesto
D7ZlB5x.jpg

can recommend smoked scamorza instead of mozzarella :thumbup:

lol, I'm a bit over weight at the moment, this isn't helping

Had reheated pizza today for lunch too, chucked on loads more cheese and pepperoni...it was filthy :facepalm:

lol, I'm a bit over weight at the moment, this isn't helping

Had reheated pizza today for lunch too, chucked on loads more cheese and pepperoni...it was filthy :facepalm:

LOL...a fun new way to make pizza and all sorts of melty gooey goodness will have that effect. :)

Oh yeah

chorizo, salami, capers, mozarella, san marzano tomato sauce. Can recommend capers on pizza . The dough was frozen from previous batches and was still a little cold. Mozzarella was also defrosted

msCZm3Q.jpg

Bqn7ST0.jpg

HasFI4K.jpg

GMnxq0Z.jpg

Looks deelish! Just an idea for you, but you can make a mean dessert with one of those. Make a sweet dough, and roll it out as thin as you can get it. On top, put a thin layer of fruit jelly or preserves. Roll the thing up like a jelly roll + eggwash on the outside. Bake at about 425F. Should take about 20-30 minutes to become very puffy.... kind of like an unflaky turnover.

some more, again not the best looking. Might try and up my shaping/topping/launching game. although tbf a lot of the times I can blame small children for the topping and shaping problems :)

Yj5B2hC.jpg

0n4NLuS.jpg

ZIcAtvR.jpg

H5uu869.jpg

WjG3aVc.jpg

1W8QM0s.jpg

0essbIN.jpg

Back