NGsD

Everyone needs another hobby.

yep....reloading would give you the ability to be involved with your firearms ALL the time.

and if you REALLY get into precision reloading for the rifles.....you can create a tack driving mofo.......THEN when the barrels start wearing out.....you can go to the custom chambered uber precision wildcat cartridges that really ARE tack drivers. my 6mm x 284 will put 5 shots inside a dime at 200 yards and i've got the targets and being published in varmint hunter mag to prove it.
you guys are just getting started. :grin:

upload_2015-10-27_18-48-2.png

yep....reloading would give you the ability to be involved with your firearms ALL the time.

and if you REALLY get into precision reloading for the rifles.....you can create a tack driving mofo.......THEN when the barrels start wearing out.....you can go to the custom chambered uber precision wildcat cartridges that really ARE tack drivers. my 6mm x 284 will put 5 shots inside a dime at 200 yards and i've got the targets and being published in varmint hunter mag to prove it.
you guys are just getting started. :grin:

View attachment 23939
Whoa, that is insane.

I've yet to reload a rifle cartridge. My son is tooled up to do 45-70, and we're going to do it this winter. I'm also tooled up for .223, but that's just so we can make mass quantities to shoot off at the range. All of my loading to date has been for handgun ammo. Even with that, I'm amazed at how much more accurate it is once I get a load tuned for a particular gun.

I just like to knock holes in stuff.

A lot.
If you're going to buy a lot of ammo, 9mm is currently the cheapest as far as I know. Check out sgammo.com for their 1000 round bulk packs. 22lr is probably less expensive, but it's hard to find these days and costs WAY more then it oughta, IMO.

We didn't get .22s because it's impossible to find ammo for them. I've gotten 350 rounds of 9mm ammo at Dick's Sporting Goods for $89, and 250 rounds of .45 from Cabellas for $96.

I've got a brick box of 500 22lr with an $8.99 price tag on it, lol. That box has been there a while.

That's a good price on the .45.

You can get 9mm for $180 per 1000, a little more for better stuff. That's about as low as that's gonna go. I could reload it for maybe half that, MAYBE - probably not worth it to reload 9mm at this point.

One of the strangest (to me) sights I've ever encountered was visiting my friend Bill, who was attending Texas A&M at the time. I opened the door and there he was in the living room, sitting in his underwear with a spit cup and a beer next the reloading machine he was working. messedup0 It doesn't sound all that weird, but is just struck me as such and the image still haunts me 30 years later. :embarrassed:

Prages, if you ever take the reload path, do it clothed, please. :grin:

If you want to save cash on ammo without reloading, I have heard great things about ordering from Freedom Munitions - am about to place my first order with them.....the reman stuff is reloaded, but they also offer newly made ammo - 500 rounds of NEW 115gr 9mm for $103.....currently free shipping over $99 as well.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/#&panel1-1

If you want to save cash on ammo without reloading, I have heard great things about ordering from Freedom Munitions - am about to place my first order with them.....the reman stuff is reloaded, but they also offer newly made ammo - 500 rounds of NEW 115gr 9mm for $103.....currently free shipping over $99 as well.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/#&panel1-1

FWIW, SGA has Speer lawman 124gr, 1000 for under $200...but no free ship.

I have a 1911, colt model 80 in stainless. You need one. Everyone does. They're like the telecaster of guns.

baloney........the model 70 is the best model.....who needs that model 80 firing pin blocker thingy.
(see......even gun nuts argue about model features......just like guitarists.......oh......wait......):grin:

Reactions: DFB
I don't have a Telecaster either. :embarrassed:

You got a lot of catchin' up to do on all fronts!

baloney........the model 70 is the best model.....who needs that model 80 firing pin blocker thingy.
(see......even gun nuts argue about model features......just like guitarists.......oh......wait......):grin:

lol - when it goes bang, you don't notice the firing pin blocker thingy. :)

Actually, when I got it (brand new, back in '92?), I had no idea about the model 70 vs 80 differences, I just wanted a colt 45 and got the shiny one. Great gun.

You got a lot of catchin' up to do on all fronts!

lol - when it goes bang, you don't notice the firing pin blocker thingy. :)

Actually, when I got it (brand new, back in '92?), I had no idea about the model 70 vs 80 differences, I just wanted a colt 45 and got the shiny one. Great gun.

you know what i mean.......there's just as many features that gun nuts argue about as guitarists. now let's start discussing velocity versus accuracy in high power rifles.

Back