NGsD

I've been on a roll lately. Picked up the S&W Bodyguard .380, and a S&W M&P 9mm Full Size. Looking for another full size M&P 9 even as we speak. Then I'm done again....for a while....

Those are good prices. I can still reload 9mm cheaper, but it's almost not worth the hassle (that, I don't actually own a 9mm, lol).

That's a pretty good price on the .22lr - might have to pick up a bucket - free shipping on that.

I ordered 1000 rounds of .45 and 1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer Brass ammo from sgammo.com. It arrived yesterday. $480 shipped to my door.

I think the .45 rounds were something like $250 and the 9mm was $190. $40 shipping.

I am super pleased with my new M&P 9 :)

mp9fs.jpg

Reactions: Tig

mp9fs.jpg

Nice. What distance was that? I've started to get pretty accurate with the M&P Shield 9mm at about 10 yards. I'm still more accurate with the Glock, but that's to be expected.

I was shooting my .270 the other day, and felt great when the guy beside me, who is probably one of the best shots I've met, commented on how good the gun shoots. I had just put 4 rounds into a 100 yard target and they were grouped within about 1.5". I'm not that great of a shot, either, so it must be the gun.

With the pistols, I'm happy with a 6" spread at 10 yards.

That was 50 rounds at 7 yards, semi-rapid fire (as rapid as the indoor range allows - 1 shot per second). I do most of my pistol shooting at 7 yards as that's average defensive distance. I occasionally go to 15 or 25, but not often.

mp9fs.jpg
Nice. 32 rounds @ 7, same pace first run with my new cz75

4dd038041e70b2cbe3f2478e21d1f4ac.jpg

My first DA shots are high right then I over correct a couple times and come back towards center for the rest each mag. Groups were tighter this last time out but there's plenty of room for improvement

Last edited:
I want a ruger mk III bad. Probably will get the browning camper.

You know, I didn't realize until I did a little research that the Browning Buckmark barrels weren't serialized...that opens some interesting options w/ needing to pay transfer fees. I'm not a fan of needing tools to strip and clean it (not that the mark series are with out their faults there).

The Single Six has found a new home & I've decided to move the 1903 but only if a buyer comes along at my price or w/ a good trade option.

Just picked up 4K rounds of 22lr.

Where/what did you get?

I'm not terribly impressed with the last brick of American Eagle that I picked up. I'm seeing 1 or 2 duds per ~75-80 rds. I've blown through about 300 old Federal Champion with out a single issue.

Our local gander mt. Rem thunderbolts. I know a lot of folks don't like them but they shoot fine in everything I own without issue. The had cci but for more money. They also had buckets of golden bullets but I don't really like the crimp on them. The bullets always seem to spin and generally be loose in the casing.

On the subject of gun GAS, is there any reason I shouldn't pick up this M1 Garand? A friend of mine has it for sale.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Tig
Back