NGsD

there is the .17 WSM (winchester super magnum)
it's similar to the .17 HMR, but noticably faster. (20 gr. @ 3000 fps. vs 20 gr. @ 2350 fps.)
the rifles it's available are a little limited.

there's the 22 WMR, but that's just a '22 mag'. been around for decades.

Last edited:
winchestersupermagnum.jpg

Got this today. It was on sale. Smith and Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380. I wanted a nice pocket sized gun to replace my old beretta 25 acp. This seems to fit the bill nicely. FWIW, this is the version without the laser.

image.jpeg

Smaller than a markarov by a tiny ammount in every dimension. Much lighter, as it is polymer framed and not steel. Lower ammo capacity with the smith. Short recoil action of the bodyguard is different than the blowback on the Markarov. Trigger in the smith is crazy heavy with a very long take up and a long reset. Smith is supposed to be reliable, but it hasn't been tested in many dozens of wars across the globe like the markarov.

Last edited:
I have an LCP w/laser. I really like it. I just checked a bg380 yesterday, it feels a little larger but slightly more solid than the LCP. The good news is neither of them are guns you're going to spend long hours at the range with anyway.

I have an LCP w/laser. I really like it. I just checked a bg380 yesterday, it feels a little larger but slightly more solid than the LCP. The good news is neither of them are guns you're going to spend long hours at the range with anyway.

'tween the two, I would prob go w/ the LCP Custom if I was inclined on a .380 ccw but yeah, neither is a range toy

I liked the feel and size of the LCP, but the lack of a manual frame safety wasn't for me.

ugh...resisting the urge to go trade something in on a new Springfield RO that one of my local shops is having a great sale on.

Shot a round of sporting clays yesterday with some guys from the office. It was a Society of Highway Engineers event, so I got to do it on company time. Scored 69/100 on a pretty tough course. Good enough for 6th place out of about 50 shooters. Unfortunately the cash prizes ended at 5th place. D'oh!

Apparently that makes me the office ringer for sporting clays. I've been invited to do another event in about 3 weeks. Sounds good to me. I don't golf, but I'm more than happy to break birds and schmmoze with some other industry types instead of working for the afternoon. I used one of these, which I picked up a year or 2 ago. Fits me well and it immediately improved my scores over the pump gun I was using previously:

browning_silver_hunter_semiauto_shotgun_1428845_1.jpg

Reactions: DFB
Found a bit of a holy grail gun for me today. I've always wanted this particular set of features but they're just about impossible to find.
It's a ruger blackhawk 45 LC/45 ACP convertible. Stainless. 5.5 inch barrel. Large frame so it can handle the hotter "Ruger Only" 45 Colt loads. Adjustable sights, Bisely grip. All steel including the grip frame and ejector rod cover (which are aluminum on lesser blackhawks). Unfluted cylinder for the 45 LC.
It's perfect...It had to come home with me.

1470187854449_zpslzxjgobw.jpg

Back