Why does everyone hate Papa John's pizza so much? Is it a hipster thing?

Yeah, that dude built himself his own catholic city/university near where my parents live in Florida. He then proceeded to control what people who lived and worked there could buy, see, read, and so on. My mom calls it that "damn pizza cult" when she drives by it. The ACLU lawsuits will take decades to settle, not to mention the suits of companies that opened up stores (like pharmacies) in his town only to learn they can't sell contraceptives as they offend 'dear leader'. For a while he would rant on local TV about Catholic doctrine being enforced by law in his town, but I think his lawyers and the county put an end to that idea, you know, because of the constitution and all that. It is also illegal to have religious interviews for potential land purchasers in your community, as is encouraging minorities to look elsewhere regardless of religion.

Aside from the cult, he also apparently bribed a number of government officials to allow him to destroy florida panther habitat to build his city.

I would eat a panther pizza. Just saying.

I had to resurrect this thread because I had Papa John's pizza delivered Saturday. :embarrassed:

It was because we had guests and that's what they like. But I was impressed - for "name brand" delivered pizza it was really good. Not nearly as greasy as Pizza Hut for example.

The downside was that all the ladies wanted weird pizzas - our friend and her daughter have to have "Hawaiian barbecue chicken. " With no onions and no bacon (WTF!?). The barbecue sauce on that one was too sweet for me. And Mrs. Roach wanted a pizza with just vegetables and no cheese. (don't ask)

So I got myself a small supreme. Because I know what's up.

Then end.

My wife does not like Papa John's crust. She says it's too dough-y. I think it's fine for what it is, mega-chain, cheap, delivery pizza. Feel the same way about Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc.

Independent restaurants, with chefs instead of high school kids following directions, will always have better products like pizza. It's apples & oranges really.

As far as chains go, I used to like Mr. Gatti's and Godfather's when I lived in Texas. Do they still have those? In California, Round Table was at the top of the chain pizza places IMO.

It's the worse kind of bland pizza chain fair that can be bought on every suburban corner.
So you don't have Little Ceasars in Ohio?

Actually I think I've had Papa John's once and it was terrible mainly because it was delivered cold. I dont have a real opinion on it but I never got it again.

So you don't have Little Ceasars in Ohio?

Actually I think I've had Papa John's once and it was terrible mainly because it was delivered cold. I dont have a real opinion on it but I never got it again.

We do, Little Sleazers is by far my least favorite pizza. I think the last time I had it was at a high school pizza day. I probably have pizza twice a year so when I do I make it count and get a good one.

Independent restaurants, with chefs instead of high school kids following directions, will always have better products like pizza. It's apples & oranges really.

+1. Every weekend we take the kids to a great local place. They have middle class grown ups in the kitchen, offer a couple dozen great beers on tap, and have an ice cream parlor next door. It’s worth the extra money.

The problem of living in small-town New England is that there are no really good pizza shops near me. I'd have to go to one of the college towns to get anything really tasty.

None of the listed chains have got shit on the bottom of the bottom: CiCi's Pizza. You will never find a lower strata of gastric hell, I assure you.
dDZyQT1YH4VUg_1Mu9iOTUSYQxg5lOgExFRu45RN6Pk.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-22_10-31-4.png
    upload_2016-2-22_10-31-4.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 16
We literally never won a single swim meet, so I don't know if we would have gone somewhere else.

We have local businesses with sit down restaurants and owners that talk to their guests, that also make take home pies you can buy at the grocery store. Then we put our own stuff on it. Cheaper, better, I can get whatever else I need at the store. Once in a while in a pinch and if I have the coupons I will stop at Papa Murphy's, but normally I prefer not to. And that is before getting into the reputation of the proprietor/owner of PM.

Last edited:
Back