Why does everyone hate Papa John's pizza so much? Is it a hipster thing?

Yeah, that dude built himself his own catholic city/university near where my parents live in Florida. He then proceeded to control what people who lived and worked there could buy, see, read, and so on. My mom calls it that "damn pizza cult" when she drives by it. The ACLU lawsuits will take decades to settle, not to mention the suits of companies that opened up stores (like pharmacies) in his town only to learn they can't sell contraceptives as they offend 'dear leader'. For a while he would rant on local TV about Catholic doctrine being enforced by law in his town, but I think his lawyers and the county put an end to that idea, you know, because of the constitution and all that. It is also illegal to have religious interviews for potential land purchasers in your community, as is encouraging minorities to look elsewhere regardless of religion.

Aside from the cult, he also apparently bribed a number of government officials to allow him to destroy florida panther habitat to build his city.

"Ave Maria is known to have an enormous mosquito problem and has been sprayed more than 30 times via airplane with pesticides by the Collier Mosquito Control District in 2015 making it the most sprayed area in Southwest Florida.[13]"

Sounds fun.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I remember pizza

I don't hate Papa John's. I just don't like it very much. It's somewhat ok for delivered pizza.

Yeah, I'm in this boat. For the places that deliver to my house, it is the best option. The good local places here don't deliver.

I hate it for the same reasons I hate cholera, olestra, IBS, lactose intolerance, E. coli, rotavirus, cryptosporidium, sorbitol, and anything else that causes diarrhea. In fact, the mayoclinic web page where I found a list of things that cause diarrhea lists Papa Johns right after Ulcerative Colitis and Waffle House.

I hate it for the same reasons I hate cholera, olestra, IBS, lactose intolerance, E. coli, rotavirus, cryptosporidium, sorbitol, and anything else that causes diarrhea. In fact, the mayoclinic web page where I found a list of things that cause diarrhea lists Papa Johns right after Ulcerative Colitis and Waffle House.

Are you saying you don't like Waffle House?

Back