Why does everyone hate Papa John's pizza so much? Is it a hipster thing?

There's still a Shakey's Pizza over in Oceanside, about 20 minutes away. We go from time to time. It's not quite what it was in the 70s, but it's still quite good.
Back then, it was akin to a pizza eating experience with the hand tossed dough show, the silent movies, and the [turn of the prior century] 90's theme and music.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGG
Back then, it was akin to a pizza eating experience with the hand tossed show, the silent movies, and the Gay 90's theme and music. (no offense by using that term. That is what it was called.)
Don't worry about people who might be offended by something you have to say, they are more than likely just looking for something to be offended about and aren't worth your time. You can't control what someone else might be offended by and you shouldn't care. Don't let others censor your thoughts, It's their problem. Intelligent people can tell the difference, and those that can't are not worth the effort.

I used to eat at Straw Hat growing up. There is still one in the city I grew up in, but I live three states away now.

If I get takeout pizza from a franchise I tend to favor Papa Murphys.

I remember Straw Hat. Don't remember eating there though.

There was also a chain when I was a kid (might have just been a Houston thing, not sure) call Pizza Inn. They were right down the street from Pizza Hut. Only the latter survived.

previewskele_by_kenny_winker-d9c9une.png

Don't worry about people who might be offended by something you have to say, they are more than likely just looking for something to be offended about and aren't worth your time. You can't control what someone else might be offended by and you shouldn't care. Don't let others censor your thoughts, It's their problem. Intelligent people can tell the difference, and those that can't are not worth the effort.

I find your post incredibly offensive. My panties are in a bunch now. :grin:

For chain pizza I go to Big Daddy's . It's a chain out of Utah of all places. Their $5.00 hot and ready works for me. Does anyone remember Butoni toster pizza? We ate those as a kid. I do miss Ellios. Not good but add a few toppings and it works in a pinch.

Back