Why does everyone hate Papa John's pizza so much? Is it a hipster thing?

Fuck Papa John in his stupid fucking meathead face.

And for the social warrior types who despise PJ, I hate to inform you that the founder of Domino's makes PJ look like Bernie Sanders. That's all I have to say about that.

Look, lets get right down to it: the best pizza in the world comes from New York. Boston and Chicago? Puhleaze.

we used to get one every couple of Sundays but had to stop as there was so much salt in it, we'd wake up in Monday dehydrated and feeling like shit.

And for the social warrior types who despise PJ, I hate to inform you that the founder of Domino's makes PJ look like Bernie Sanders. That's all I have to say about that.

Perhaps he's just a smarter, less aggressively needy dick.

Yeah, that dude built himself his own catholic city/university near where my parents live in Florida. He then proceeded to control what people who lived and worked there could buy, see, read, and so on. My mom calls it that "damn pizza cult" when she drives by it. The ACLU lawsuits will take decades to settle, not to mention the suits of companies that opened up stores (like pharmacies) in his town only to learn they can't sell contraceptives as they offend 'dear leader'. For a while he would rant on local TV about Catholic doctrine being enforced by law in his town, but I think his lawyers and the county put an end to that idea, you know, because of the constitution and all that. It is also illegal to have religious interviews for potential land purchasers in your community, as is encouraging minorities to look elsewhere regardless of religion.

Aside from the cult, he also apparently bribed a number of government officials to allow him to destroy florida panther habitat to build his city.

Last edited:

Good to know. Will research further and cross them off the delivery list.

I'm about to just start making my own again.

Tom Monaghan hasn't owned Domino's since the 90's. Actually I think he's still a large, but not majority shareholder.

True story, my moms best friend used to be one of his secretaries and I visited his office once when I was a little kid. The office was absolutely massive and completely decadent. He had like petrified dinosaur eggs and stuff :lol:

Best pizza in Kalamazoo: Erbelli's http://www.erbellis.com

While they don't have NY or Chicago-style pizzas, Erbelli's really is a cut above all the others in the area. Some of their specialty pizzas are da bomb drool0 eat0

East of Battle Creek, there is a very good pizza place called Cascarelli's. They have 2 locations, one in the tiny town of Homer (where the Brembo brake factory is) and one in Albion, MI: http://www.cascarellis.com

Cascarelli's is almost, but not quite, as good as Erbelli's :embarrassed: Unfortunately Battle Creek, the city I live closest to, doesn't have any great pizza places, just all the various pizza chains and your average mom n' pop pizzas which really aren't any better than the chain stores. Erbelli's is roughly 25 miles west of me, and Cascarelli's is roughly 25 miles east of me. So if I really want great pizza, I have to drive 50 miles round trip :( So most of the time it's Jet's Pizza, or sometimes Sir Pizza :embarrassed:

Yeah, that dude built himself his own catholic city/university near where my parents live in Florida. He then proceeded to control what people who lived and worked there could buy, see, read, and so on. My mom calls it that "damn pizza cult" when she drives by it. The ACLU lawsuits will take decades to settle, not to mention the suits of companies that opened up stores (like pharmacies) in his town only to learn they can't sell contraceptives as they offend 'dear leader'. For a while he would rant on local TV about Catholic doctrine being enforced by law in his town, but I think his lawyers and the county put an end to that idea, you know, because of the constitution and all that. It is also illegal to have religious interviews for potential land purchasers in your community, as is encouraging minorities to look elsewhere regardless of religion.

Aside from the cult, he also apparently bribed a number of government officials to allow him to destroy florida panther habitat to build his city.
Wow. I never knew all that.

Back