Stratocaster Fever

So despite looking weird, the two-point onboard manual anti-tuning device isn’t a terrible abomination?

Seems like a lot of strat nerds are 6-screw vintage or die.

Just about every 2-point trem is more stable. MannMade had to put a knife edge on the screw holes when they designed the 6-screw trem for PRS to get similar performance.

Tried to go strat shopping in earnest today. CME has a big pedal event going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FENDER WALL so I couldn’t get to anything. JHS bro was there.

There are officially too many damn pedals, btw. Not interested in any of these increasingly elaborate boxes. I’m a simple man. I need a chorus/flanger, a dirtbox, and a tremolo. 90% of the pedals I own see about 10 minutes of use every six months for fiddly recording uses.

Say you were gonna buy one of the new Player Series Mexistrats...

Which of these colors tickles yr fancy?

1FBF8CA0-4BDB-45B2-BE23-AFADA3E4BACB.jpeg
B4DAF55E-903C-4D73-AD61-88294D98E86E.jpeg

Would go to nearest FMIC super-box, play all on wall within budget, select by neck. Squier CVs, Mexistrats, etc.

I'd go with the yellowish one too. I'm pro red guitars but, really dislike that one. Maybe my computer, might look better in person.

Try a G&L Legacy if you can't bond with the Fenders. Their trem is super stable, the pickups are great and the PTB (Passive Treble & Bass) tone control scheme is IMHO far more usable than a standard Strat arrangement.

Back