Stratocaster Fever

The fever has broken. @Help!I'maRock! has prevailed. I bought something silly but more useful. I will continue to use my Bluesboy and Duo Sonic for Fender-type tones.

51LTJ4AQdDL.jpg

Oh, OK. Guess if it's not a Strat, you aren't so concerned with playing it first. Assumed you had it. Will patiently wait. It is still a guitar you got right?

I’m actually not super concerned with playing before I buy as long as there’s a reasonable return policy. I mostly wanted to check out some strats in person to get an idea of what combo of specs I liked of available options.

I ultimately couldn’t justify another solid body bolt on. I was just duplicating function and tones for aesthetic and acquisitive purposes. So I instead took advantage of a good deal on something different.

I’m actually not super concerned with playing before I buy as long as there’s a reasonable return policy. I mostly wanted to check out some strats in person to get an idea of what combo of specs I liked of available options.

I ultimately couldn’t justify another solid body bolt on. I was just duplicating function and tones for aesthetic and acquisitive purposes. So I instead took advantage of a good deal on something different.

#PlayAuthentic

The seller’s photos, not mine. I got it Tuesday night and had a brief chance to inspect it and check the condition and playability. Sounds nice. Can do the middle ground thing between electric guitar and amplified acoustic that I’m looking for for solo shows. Back it off and it’s got a very usable cleanish rhythm tone. Boost it a bit and it’ll bark.

Setup was real low and real slinky, so it’s at the shop getting set up to respond more to my needs.

It’s pretty much the opposite of a strat, but when I tried to buy one of these a few years ago (and the seller just wouldn’t get set up to accept payment) I bought a Duo Sonic instead...so it’s not like I always end up where I start.

1252B82D-1180-4B5D-BF3B-2B57A4014BCD.jpeg
F742064F-659C-422A-A3C5-720954869396.jpeg

If we all needed to justify our purchases outside of want, there wouldn't be many HNGDs anymore.

HNGD on the Godin. Don't worry, strat fever will strike again one day soon.

The seller’s photos, not mine. I got it Tuesday night and had a brief chance to inspect it and check the condition and playability. Sounds nice. Can do the middle ground thing between electric guitar and amplified acoustic that I’m looking for for solo shows. Back it off and it’s got a very usable cleanish rhythm tone. Boost it a bit and it’ll bark.

Setup was real low and real slinky, so it’s at the shop getting set up to respond more to my needs.

It’s pretty much the opposite of a strat, but when I tried to buy one of these a few years ago (and the seller just wouldn’t get set up to accept payment) I bought a Duo Sonic instead...so it’s not like I always end up where I start.

View attachment 49810 View attachment 49811

Very nice, but it ain't gonna do shit to scratch your strat-itch!

Very nice, but it ain't gonna do shit to scratch your strat-itch!

Yeah. But in shopping around I found myself drifting away from strats and picking up a bunch of teles and short scale things...which is stuff I already have. So I re-evaluated what would actually help me accomplish some stuff and went down the path of sorting out a hollow body for live stuff.

Back