Stratocaster Fever

Waiting for this to arrive.

DXeU4su3Xp4o8DtaS6YPGM-480-80.jpg

I know. I almost bought one then.

I owned the lilac one from this run previously. I sold it in a manic fit because I needed/wanted something different. And actually wound up selling too many things and didn’t actually need to sell the strat (which I hadn’t exactly wanted to part with). So it’s nice to be getting another one. I just need to remember to not do something drastic because of GAS in the future.

Picked it up from UPS last night. Wowza. Neck on this is nicer than the other one I had. Really great strat. The guy I bought it from must have never played it, because it looks and feels brand new. Slinky setup. Very cool strat. I’d been eyeballing the new Vintera series strats because I’m a sucker for vintage specs. But this Classic Series is nicer than the Vinteras I played on my last CME run.

Might need to adjust the pickups because for some reason the previous owner cranked them way down, but I haven’t had a chance to get into that. I remember digging the 60s classic series pickups previously, so I anticipate being into them this go around.

HNSD! Very attractive guitar.

As a watercolorist, cerulean blue is totally a thing and has been for a couple hundred years. But all the cerulean blue paints I've ever used have a more pronounced blue cast than that color.

mg080-37_1.jpg

cerulean%20close%20up.jpg

Cerulean+blue+watercolor+brand+comparison+-+ScratchmadeJournal.com

It looks more like a light cadet blue or a baby blue, even.

Regardless, it looks sweet on that guitar.

Back