Stratocaster Fever

Speaking of Yngwie, Kiesel just posted on FB about a day ago one of their Delos models (basically their Strat), 3 single coils, roasted maple 24-fret neck, and the guitar is Yngwie-cream colored. Looked awesome :)

I haven't been able to find a pic, other than the one on FB. ...And now that I look on FB, I can't find that one either.

The only Strat I have currently is a blacktop (HH).
I've been seriously jonesing for one of these:
fe0113012776.jpg

Reactions: OGG
oooooo....me likey!!

Thanks. It was a super deal. A Fender Classic Series 50's Stratocaster. Bought used locally. I think the seller mistook it for a Standard MIM, which then retailed for around 5 bills, while the Classic '50s was around $800. Used (Fender stopped making them once in brought out the "Vintera" line) these currently sell for about $700.

Iirc I picked mine up for $250 or so.

That’s pretty. I’m kinda thinking sonic blue would be the ideal finish option, but I’m open to anything not hideous.

I’d like to try on of the new Vintera ‘60s models because the specs seem up my alley. I tried one of the Vintera 50s models and it was fine. I’m hot and cold on V necks. A strat with a 50s tele U with the tall shoulders and vintage radius would be great and a nice opposite option vs the G&L which is slim and modern and flat.

Last edited:
I don't ... 'get' .... Schechter Diamond Series? Is it 'nicer' than their other Asian builds?

I’m not a big trem user...can anyone give me pros/cons on the 2 point and 6 point options. I’ve only ever had the 6 point vintage ones. Given that I tend to block/deck/slap 5 springs on, is one better or worse if you just need (at most) a little warble

I’m not a big trem user...can anyone give me pros/cons on the 2 point and 6 point options. I’ve only ever had the 6 point vintage ones. Given that I tend to block/deck/slap 5 springs on, is one better or worse if you just need (at most) a little warble

I never used to use a vibrato. When I would get a strat, it would get blocked and the arm never went into the bridge. Then I got my McFeely with the Mastery and I love having one now. I don't dive bomb or anything, mostly just a little warble on chords or a Gilmour style bend on a lead, and I have a 6 screw Callaham and couldn't be happier with it. It's been probably 20 years since I owned a guitar with a 2 point vibrato and I didn't use them then, so I really can't comment on those.

6 screw bridges have more points of contact, and therefore more friction points. Much easier to get back to zero on a 2 point VIBRATO. Get a more modern bridge, like a PRS, and the knife edges make the difference less. Some people say having 6 screws adds sustain but that’s unproven.

6 screw bridges have more points of contact, and therefore more friction points. Much easier to get back to zero on a 2 point VIBRATO. Get a more modern bridge, like a PRS, and the knife edges make the difference less. Some people say having 6 screws adds sustain but that’s unproven.

So despite looking weird, the two-point onboard manual anti-tuning device isn’t a terrible abomination?

Seems like a lot of strat nerds are 6-screw vintage or die.

So despite looking weird, the two-point onboard manual anti-tuning device isn’t a terrible abomination?

Seems like a lot of strat nerds are 6-screw vintage or die.

I don't really have a preference. In the past, I'd ditch the arm and load the back with 5 springs. I went with a 6 screw because it seemed easier to install on a body blank. Plus if I ended up throwing 5 springs in and never using it again, the bridge wouldn't tilt backwards on the body like they do with a 2 point.

Back