Stratocaster Fever

example:
cz540958_f.jpg

cz540958_bf.jpg

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/CZ540958/artisan-ziricote-stratocaster/?cat_id=37

I go through different phases liking different styles of guitars but the superstrat is what I always come back to. HSS is the way to go for me!

Go for it!

Brought my Strat to practice this week and using it over my tele at a gig tonight thanks to you guys. If anything goes wrong I blame you all.

Nash hard tail S-67 with lollar blondes and a big fat boat neck. Mmmmm.

So per the Internet a local GC had a 50s MIM strat in fiesta red for $399. Good deal, right. Listed it as “Great Condition.” Had some doodle/autograph on the pickguard. No biggie.

Went to check it out yesterday over my lunch break. Had a ding down to the wood of two Kennedy half dollars on the butt end of the guitar.

HOW IS THAT “Great” condition? Sheesh.

Still hunting.

So per the Internet a local GC had a 50s MIM strat in fiesta red for $399. Good deal, right. Listed it as “Great Condition.” Had some doodle/autograph on the pickguard. No biggie.

Went to check it out yesterday over my lunch break. Had a ding down to the wood of two Kennedy half dollars on the butt end of the guitar.

HOW IS THAT “Great” condition? Sheesh.

Still hunting.

I have no idea what GC is thinking. My local one an Epipohne ES-339 that is completely crushed on one of the F holes, they marked it as a blem and lowered the price by $20. Even if I liked the guitar and wanted it, I'm not sure I'd buy it if they knocked $150 off it because it is so banged up.

that's a 2001 Jimmy Vaughan Sig. and the only non stock part IS the tort.
the pickups are very Texas hot blues, nice and spanky, and the back pickup is extra hot, almost like an overwound tele back pickup, but a little thicker.

Aren't the stock PUs the Tex-Mex? The "Mexican" equivalent of the Texas Hot. I never was a Texas Hot fan, but I loved the Tex-Mex.

Last edited:
Aren't the stock PUs the Tex-Mex? I never was a Texas Hot fan, but I loved the Tex-Mex, which was supposed to be the Fender Mexico equivalent. The Jimmie Vaughn Sig started out as the Tex_Mex Stratocaster, a favorite of mine, but when they made it a sig model, the removed the rosewood option and changed the colors.
no, they are Tex Mex pickups, but they're described as "hot Tex-Mex pickups", and the back pickup is described as "overwound", so a bit hotter than stock Tex-Mex pickups. i actually like them.
when i said "texas hot blues", i was describing how they sound, not what they're called.

War chest is all but stocked. Waiting for one tardy Reverb payer and for my buddy to pay up for a thing of mine he finally bought after basically owning it for a year already.

Problem with strats is that there’s a million of them and you’ve got to kiss a lot of frogs.

I've posted my tone monster before.... the only new thing that I put on it in the past 5 years are a set of locking tuners. Class of 2004...American HSS w/ S-1 switching. Rosewood board... Texas Specials for mid & neck pups, and a Diamondback Humbucker in the bridge. I get a lot of useable tones out of it. About the only one I can't get consistently is that classic quack. Must be the way the tone knobs are set up at any given time.
IMG_0036.jpg

Back