New bands for old farts

These guys are entertaining, but I get tired of their style of roots/blues/rock pretty quickly.

When I'm at the gym, I can go from old Bob Marley albums to Cannibal Corpse and all points in between. Is there a more specific regimen I should be following?
I can only speak for me but I like something a little more on the heavy, driving side. That definition may vary for you.

I could unload a whole bunch of new music on you, but I don't think most "old farts" are going to dig the weirder, newer indie stuff.

Here's one that I think both indie rockers and classic rock guys can get in to:

I need to come back to this thread when I have some time to listen. But for now, here are my contributions. New Mastersounds, particularly Ken Darge Presents, Live at La Cova, This is What we Do), Black Joe Lewis (first three albums) and this one, which may or may not appeal to rockers, but could interest anyone who likes a mix of rock/jazz/funk/rap/world music, the Whitefield Brothers ( Earthology).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great video. Good song too. Unfortunately, the rest of their stuff is kinda boring, I thought.
I remember that album and it didn't really stay in my playing list very long. Their recent album, How Did We Get So Dark, is better IMO.

Let's keep it to this century. Plenty to work with that way. Especially for a group so grounded in music from 50 years ago.

Cool, then I can play. After I said I really liked Pearl Jam so, I wasn't stuck in the late 60s-early 70s. My daughter used the same word you did. "anything from this century?" :grin: My answer was, I like Snow Patrol.

I could unload a whole bunch of new music on you, but I don't think most "old farts" are going to dig the weirder, newer indie stuff.

Here's one that I think both indie rockers and classic rock guys can get in to:

I'll have to give that a listen. I love Pavement.

Proud to boast that I was the first person other than the band themselves to release Spoon (on a comp, a few minutes before Telephono came out on the 'dor).

Here are some great artists releasing music now:

King Gizzard & the Lizzard Wizzard
Morgan Delt
the Black Angels
the Brian Jonestown Massacre (Anton keeps getting better, and sonically more interesting)
Blank Realm
Deerhunter
Kendrick Lamar
Courtney Barnett

Back