New bands for old farts

Looks like I missed a couple opportunities to see these guys; one in Seattle in May of this year, and one in Boise in 2015. I have to learn about groups like this sooner so I can see them for $16 -$18 in a Tavern. Sadly, I have never been that cool.

Authentic hipster gibberish.

Pythagoras: Original Hipster

Looks like I missed a couple opportunities to see these guys; one in Seattle in May of this year, and one in Boise in 2015. I have to learn about groups like this sooner so I can see them for $16 -$18 in a Tavern. Sadly, I have never been that cool.

This show was $18 in Brooklyn. I'm sure there will be a Spring 2018 tour. Maybe it'll go up to $20.

He went down to the intersection of two sides of a triangle at a 90 degree angle, tried to flag a ride...

Did you read "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" in the 90s? Reeves Gabrels had a couple of columns about Pythagoras and how power chords are really just right angle triangles. Made a big impression on me.

Did you read "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" in the 90s? Reeves Gabrels had a couple of columns about Pythagoras and how power chords are really just right angle triangles. Made a big impression on me.

You mean there was more than tabs and ads in those things?

that is NY prices, my ticket was $15 :embarrassed:

Out in @sunvalleylaw 's neck of the woods, it'll probably be $7 :grin:

It would have been $15, but there were fees and stuff, so I bought at the door for cheaper.

You mean there was more than tabs and ads in those things?

The columns were really the only part worth reading. And even then, some of them were really shitty. But Reeves was always great.

Another not so 'new' band (been around since 2007) but they aren't well known, though the singer has some serious pipes.

Anyways, even though this is metal, this is a fantastic play-thru video :hesh:

That bass player has an unusual right-hand technique for sure.

Red Fang from Portland

Witch Mountain from Portland

Salem’s Pot from Sweden

Windhand from Alexandria Virginia

Monolord from Sweden

Toke from Cape Fear North Carolina

Conan from Liverpool England

High on Fire from Oakland

Goya from Phoenix

Back