Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Morning Glaswegian diddy olympians :embarrassed:

Already roasting here, 23C . Yes. It's hot. In Scotland

I shant comment any more on this fucking debacle other than I'm glad tomorrow's gig is leading me in the opposite direction of the city and I have no reason to be anywhere near Glasgow apart from a single band practice between now and the whole thing fucking off in 2 weeks time.

After having a heat wave for the last couple of weeks (yes, in Norway of all places), it's now cooled down a bit. To 27. :embarrassed: :facepalm:
Too fecking hot to be working that's fer sure...
If it wasn't cloudy today I'd probably be roasting. :embarrassed:

Only 3 more days until 3 weeks of doing absolutely fuck all, so that's a good thing. :)

I miss the random days the Saudi King would decide "fuck it, everyone take a day off, we'll pay for it." :(

Well the opening ceremony was utter wank and I paid a quite hideous amount of money to watch it

But, I'm really enjoying the commie games so far

loads of entertaining free gigs all over the place to see and the paid competitions I've seen so far have been good - badminton and velodrome so far, with athletics, sevens, table tennis, squash to go

tomorrow I'll watch the shiverin sheiks for free for the fiftieth time admittedly, but I'm sure it'll be a great atmosphere

Any of the UK forumites going to this?
10574331_816705098361703_3997620216732405912_n.jpg

Sidmouth, two weeks holiday; 3 days a-cricketing and B&Bing followed by ten days camping, frolicking and folk-festival shennanigans. See ya! :Wave:

Oi oi I've spent the weekend semi drunk at Wickerman. Awesome times were had.

The Shiverin Sheiks cost me a wedding gig (unwittingly right enough) a while back so they can go and fuck themselves :tongue:

Funny games story - so the town was a riot today - absolutely rammed. Me and the missus were in Argyle St station waiting for the much delayed train whilst 20 odd scotrail wankers nazied about the place making sure a crowd who manage to successfully use publuc transport any other time dont do something stupid like throw a pensioner in front of the train in order to get it to stop.

These pior athletes have clearly had to put up with this shite on a daily basis so when one of the scotrail wankers cheerily asked a dude from team NZ what he was here to do the guy screamed in his face

TRYING TO GET A TRAIN YOU WANKER WHAT ELSE WOULD I BE DOING HERE?

Made my day so it did.

Re the opening ceremony - i was gigging on wednesday so never saw it but on the drive to the venue i thought ut would be naff as fuck and theyd probably have dancing cans of irn bru and a big nessie.

Turns out i wasnt far off the mark. :facepalm:

At least if we'd blown up the red road flats it would have accomplished something.

morning,

recovering from BBQ at home yesterday. Many a beer, prosecco, wine, gin and rum were consumed :facepalm:

I was surprisingly hangover free for the duration of Wickerman.

Had a chuckle to myself when I saw this: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/glasgow-2014-team-scotland-fan-3928716

You couldn't move at the festival for some wanker waving about a Yes flag in your face or having it on a pole (aye because I want to look at shitty flags instead of bands :rolleyes: )so I'm taking a hefty dollop of schadenfraude from this.

I can think of many better ways to spunk £90 against the wall than paying for tickets then getting chucked out of the swimming because you won't put your flag away.

Back