OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that but at a certain point if you see something's wrong and it's something of this magnitude stand up and say it's wrong. I understand most people aren't going to do it but it would be nice if someone figuratively punched these bullies in the face.

They're not going to do anything about trump. They'll hem him in as needed, behind the scenes, and continue raping the country in anyway they see fit. And if one of them gets caught? Just throw a match at one of the many piles of tinder that trump has built up around himself to distract the press and the public.

This whole shit show has taught me that the mrs and I made the right decision to buy a home in a town we can barely afford to live in so the kids can go to one of the best school systems in the state. America gets dumber with each passing generation and it's only going to get worse.

I know, I'm just venting. He's going to do something impeachable in the next year and he's gonna slide because no one is willing to stick their neck out. Frustrated that they're willing to sell everyone out either because of ideology or because they're afraid of the lunatic fringe that's becoming less of a fringe.

They'll let it slide until they need a reason to pull on the leash (or need a distraction from their own bad business).

I don't know why Maher had Milo on. It was a stupid move. He's nothing but a professional asshole. He has no ideas; he has no cogent arguments. All he does is say nasty shit, then sit back and enjoy everyone freaking out about it. Fuck him. Wilmore did exactly the right thing. The only way to respond to him is to say fuck you and be done with him.

I don't know why Maher had Milo on. It was a stupid move. He's nothing but a professional asshole. He has no ideas; he has no cogent arguments. All he does is say nasty shit, then sit back and enjoy everyone freaking out about it. Fuck him. Wilmore did exactly the right thing. The only way to respond to him is to say fuck you and be done with him.

Everything you said describes Maher as much as it does Milo. And that’s why Maher had Milo on. Milo does all the same shit Bill Maher does. If his work was published on Huffington Post liberals would praise it as brilliant satire of right-wing America. But because it appears on Breitbart he’s a nazi. And instead of just admitting that and moving on people just keep forming crazier twitter mobs and congratulating themselves as if bitching about bad satire puts them on par with the people who marched in Selma.

Everything you said describes Maher as much as it does Milo. And that’s why Maher had Milo on. Milo does all the same shit Bill Maher does. If his work was published on Huffington Post liberals would praise it as brilliant satire of right-wing America. But because it appears on Breitbart he’s a nazi. And instead of just admitting that and moving on people just keep forming crazier twitter mobs and congratulating themselves as if bitching about bad satire puts them on par with the people who marched in Selma.

Yep.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...n-twitter-over-milo-appearance-on-bill-maher/

You may want to protest the idiots in California that decided the funds to maintain stuff like this be used for other stuff.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-hanson-oroville-20170214-story.html
From what I understand, infrastructure all over the country has been neglected to the point where we have many disasters in the making: http://www.businessinsider.com/10-signs-that-us-infrastructure-is-a-disaster-2013-7

California is a special kind of mess but it's not the only state in the country where these things happen.

From what I understand, infrastructure all over the country has been neglected to the point where we have many disasters in the making: http://www.businessinsider.com/10-signs-that-us-infrastructure-is-a-disaster-2013-7

California is a special kind of mess but it's not the only state in the country where these things happen.

Yep. Senator Majority Turtle rejected Obama's infrastructure plans, and he has no intention of pushing through Trump's. I agree that states need to do a better job with infrastructure on their own, but federal funding is needed as well.

I have a few acquaintances working on civil projects up and down the east coast & they tell me horror stories about the conditions of the bridges and elevated roadways they are inspecting and how much they have been neglected over the years.

This is nothing new, it's decades of other priorities taking their toll on our infrastructure.

You may want to protest the idiots in California that decided the funds to maintain stuff like this be used for other stuff.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-hanson-oroville-20170214-story.html

State waterworks projects and federal highway infrastructure are two very different things. Also, your author...a member of the arch-conservative Hoover institute...spends hardly one line talking about the record rain/snowfall this season and instead blathers on about high taxes and immigration. Of course, taxes and immigration were even higher in California when the dam project was originally conceived back in the 1950s. But, don't let these facts get in the way.

No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
- Edmund Burke

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
- John Stuart Mill

I don't know why Maher had Milo on. It was a stupid move. He's nothing but a professional asshole. He has no ideas; he has no cogent arguments. All he does is say nasty shit, then sit back and enjoy everyone freaking out about it. Fuck him. Wilmore did exactly the right thing. The only way to respond to him is to say fuck you and stop paying attention to him and stop giving him a place to spew his shit./QUOTE]

FIFY
:thu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back