OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we are only in primary season. I wish I could block certain types of content rather than people on FB, but I am afraid I am going to have to unfollow some folks. Not taking a side in the politics in this space, just over being constantly barraged by it.

The long election cycle certainly gets tiring. I can't imagine how the candidates can put up with it.

Constant campaigning means constant wining and dining. That coupled with the fact that they don't have to actually do anything but talk about what they might do one day and everyday people are going to cheer for them everywhere they go... they probably like it.

Yeah.

People who use FB to keep up with family and friends really need to avoid political posting IMO. "Yay, here's a chance to further alienate about half of my friends..." *click*

For the most part, I ignore all the political posts, just sometimes pointing out that debating issues rather than demonizing people is much more effective.

Yeah I'm tired of all the political BS people are posting on FB. I only have family members and a few close friends on my "friends" list, but there are a couple of people in my family that post a lot of political stuff. Some are very far to the left and some are very far to the right, and I hate all of it.

Just be glad you don't live in Iowa or New Hampshire. The saturation leading up to their caucuses has to be unbearable.

I don't do facebook, thankfully.

Just be glad you don't live in Iowa or New Hampshire. The saturation leading up to their caucuses has to be unbearable.

I don't do facebook, thankfully.
Direct TV thinks my "local" stations are in Boston and New Hampshire. The political ads on the NH station were relentless for almost a year before the primary.

i'm sick and tired of all the candidate BS on every second of every news broadcast.
it's not an election any more. it's a freakin' reality show now.
i can only imagine the disappointment that washington, jefferson, madison, monroe and franklin would have (are having ?).
just makes me want to move to some other country or maybe to another planet.

i'm sick and tired of all the candidate BS on every second of every news broadcast.
it's not an election any more. it's a freakin' reality show now.
i can only imagine the disappointment that washington, jefferson, madison, monroe and franklin would have (are having ?).
just makes me want to move to some other country or maybe to another planet.

Jefferson already told you what he thought:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

ron%2Bpaul%2B2012.jpg

I am getting pretty sick of it too. I am already trying to get my wife on board with moving to Europe. I can't handle this crap anymore.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
lead_large.png

unfortunately, our "rulers" have gotten so big and powerful that ANY attempt to bring them back in line would result in a national massacre of "the people".

and i think i'm gonna just let it go there.

It's the longest running comedy tour and it keeps getting more ridiculous. Both sides are exposing the process for the farce that it is. Hilarity will continue to ensue. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back