OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really should've done that, ya know, before the election.
yes. i said that dozens of times back then. but now he's ACTUALLY acting like hitler. and the only way to stop it, is to get rid of him and his regime.
and you can't do that unless you can dig up bad enough shit that he's getting arrested and prosecuted. then dig up the shit on the rest of them.

A lot of you may not have even considered this, but I really don't think most of you have any idea how much the things that happen in the US effect the rest of the world.
This really is the closest we've been to another world war, and we're a hell of a lot closer than most people realise.

There's Trump, Bannon, Pence on one side...the Eu weakened after Brexit, with chancellor Merkel being the only sane world leader at this point, Putin trying to rebuild the old Russian empire, a batshit crazy North Korean being his ridiculous self, China effectively being the world economic leader...

It only takes one "Sarajevo" moment at this point...and I'm not even kidding.

And we keep saying that...surely our leaders will have learned from past disasters, and the only country that seems to have learned is...Germany.

Over here in Norway we have right-far right government, and they harp on the same things that Trump did....and it seems to be working.
And that fucking scares me. We're supposed to be smarter than that over here.

And that's not touching on the fact that far right movements are on the rise in both Holland, France and other Euro countries....

More than ever before, it's important that us on the left side of the spectrum speak up and don't allow ourselves to be silenced.
More people need to stand up and say "this is motherfucking wrong!" (obviously spoke in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson).

I for one am fucking tired of trying to be a decent bloke and then being ridiculed for being "politically correct". When did that fucking become a bad thing??

Long rant, but I can't fucking keep quiet anymore.

I will repeat....and Andy has got a headstart on us...WE CANNOT TOLERATE THIS.
Speak up, be loud, be obnoxious, but above all know what you're talking about.
Crush those bastards with knowledge. Because knowledge, they really can't handle that.

it may be necessary to be completely camoflouged. the more high profile people are, the more they're gonna write down you names and addresses. i'm not saying don't.....i'm saying be ready to be confronted by federal and local police.
we need an underground. a very very very bad assed underground.

(this is not a religious symbol, btw)
il_570xN.482696736_43ma.jpg

A lot of you may not have even considered this, but I really don't think most of you have any idea how much the things that happen in the US effect the rest of the world.
This really is the closest we've been to another world war, and we're a hell of a lot closer than most people realise.

We might need to start setting up refugee camps up here.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/17/515662976/migrants-choose-arrest-in-canada-over-staying-in-the-u-s

It's okay. We have lots of room.

it may be necessary to be completely camoflouged. the more high profile people are, the more they're gonna write down you names and addresses. i'm not saying don't.....i'm saying be ready to be confronted by federal and local police.
we need an underground. a very very very bad assed underground.

(this is not a religious symbol, btw)
il_570xN.482696736_43ma.jpg

We all need to be exactly as loud and annoying as Trump was in the campaign.
When it comes to being a decent fucking person, he really wouldn't have any fucking idea.

This is the bloke that got elected by throwing insults at everybody. Throw back!

Oh and don't let me remind me of what happens when you suddenly think what your leader is saying makes sense.

Yeah, WW2.

Don't ever let that fucking orange and his entourage get to you.

I live in Alabamastan and have all my 59 1/2 years. Yes we are still backwards. Yes the majority of our citizens are undereducated. Yes there is still significant racism. Yes our politics are still controlled at the state and national level, and in many local districts, by reactionary idiots. But this old hippie ain't going nowhere. It's a beautiful state with more fresh water than any other state. Enormous biological diversity. On a person to person level, friendly and helpful people with a proud tradition of place, landscape, and family. It's worth fighting for because I have seen the progress made over my lifetime despite all the enormous negatives. Let me just list a few.
1. The environment. When I was a child you couldn't breath the air in Birmingham, or even see the city from atop Red Mountain for the smog. Now it's a beautiful city with greenways and a world class medical research hospital and university. The Cahaba river running thru town is no longer a sewer. Sure our state and national politicians want to roll all this back, but the cities citizens will never allow it to return to the way it was. Thruout the state the good old boys have come to understand the need to protect their precious woods and they will and do turn environmentalist at the drop of a hat to any obvious threat to their local playground. Every river system now has an activist local group with the resources to monitor their river, and sue the pants off polluters when necessary.

I gotta run, but I will be back with plenty more reasons why I will stay and fight.
Till later

2. Race. Schools did not desegregate until I was in the 4th grade. Now interracial marriage is common. We have black mayors, policemen, and every other occupation. Sure there's a long way to go but compared to my youth and George Wallace at the schoolhouse door we've made light years of progress. From the younger generation that I know I'm confident we will continue to do so despite everything that holds us back.

3. LGBT. So many have come out in the last 10 years that now just about everybody has an openly LGBT person in their family or someone they love as family. Down hear blood is thicker than water. You may not approve but you better not mess with em or you might get fucked up. It's only a matter of time before the older generation dies and this won't be nearly as big a deal either.

4. Liberal vs conservative. The New Deal, TVA and the CCC fed my people when they were starving but the Southern strategy changed everything. Gradually the power shifted 180 deg all the way down to the local level. Maybe not so much a shift as label change. Used to be you had to win in the Democratic primary to win a general election. Now you have to be a Republican to get elected dogcatcher except in majority black districts. This is my biggest beef. My vote dosnt count for squat because I'm so outnumbered. But dammit this is my home and I'll stay here and fight to make it better. I'm not gonna move to California just because most people don't agree with me politically. If they wanna know know what I think I'll tell em in no uncertain terms. If they don't like it the fk em.
Go ahead and round my ass up. I dare you.

So there. I am stayin a citizen of the US and I'm stayin here. This is my home. The March of Civilization is on my side. We shall overcome. Someday!

I for one am fucking tired of trying to be a decent bloke and then being ridiculed for being "politically correct". When did that fucking become a bad thing?

When campus liberals went crazy over the last decade. There are literally kids who walk into class on the first day and hand the professor a list of “trigger words” that can’t be used lest they offend the student. They came up with lists of “microaggressions”, words, phrases and actions that had to be banned because they might offend someone. They tried to ban ethnic foods, yoga, and some dance styles because cultural appropriation offends them. They tried to ban comedians who mention race, gender, or religion from appearing in college towns because someone might be offended. Some of these assholes even had the audacity to demand their professors let them skip classes and assignments to have more time for activism. And then they carried it all over to the internet, starting culture wars with trolls who became celebrities. Everybody got sick of listening to it, which created an excuse for people to dismiss the concept of human decency as PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back