2016-17 NFL Thread.

Sherman is a dick...nobody has to be an observational medium to know that.

I absolutely hate when pro athletes get obnoxious with people who ask them questions - stuff like the Bennett incident. F'n tool. Be a professional.

I don't see it as being a culture that the coach has nurtured but perhaps if you aren't eliminating it you are supporting it(?).

Re: Patriots - I don't see how they will be able to deal with the Steelers' running game.

well......looks like the Stillers are in it AGAIN.

Since the NFL merger in 1970, the Pittsburgh Steelers have compiled a regular season record of 363–235–2 (.607) and an overall record of 394–253–2 (.609) including the playoffs, reached the playoffs 25 times, won their division 20 times, played in 15 AFC championship games, and won six of eight Super Bowls. They are also the only NFL team not to have a season with twelve or more losses since the league expanded to a 16-game schedule in 1978

can you say DYNASTY??

well......looks like the Stillers are in it AGAIN.

Since the NFL merger in 1970, the Pittsburgh Steelers have compiled a regular season record of 363–235–2 (.607) and an overall record of 394–253–2 (.609) including the playoffs, reached the playoffs 25 times, won their division 20 times, played in 15 AFC championship games, and won six of eight Super Bowls. They are also the only NFL team not to have a season with twelve or more losses since the league expanded to a 16-game schedule in 1978

can you say DYNASTY??

Having 2 of the teams in your division be the Browns and the Bengals makes winning it pretty easy :grin:

Wikipedia has the Steelers ranked 13th in all time winning percentage at .529

They also have them at 30 playoff appearances and 22 division wins.

They have always been in the mix, one of the best run franchises.

#brightside #unity

image.jpeg

"Re: Patriots - I don't see how they will be able to deal with the Steelers' running game."

Well, watch.

The NFL's math says that Brady has 58 playoff touchdown passes in his career. Rodgers has 33 in five less seasons.

Math schmath.

Tom Brady on Aaron Rodgers,

"Well I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done or can do, just because of his physical ability. And some of the plays he makes, they're just phenomenal," Brady said. "And I've seen a lot of them. Not just the throws, the scrambles, he had one in the Giants game ... some of the plays yesterday, it's just his style of play. And he's been doing that for a while.

"I always love watching his tape, admiring all the things he can do, because I can't do many of those things."
"I think he makes everything look so simple because he's got such an efficient delivery. So everything looks effortless with him, which is really the amazing part," Brady said. "He is definitely working hard, but he's making hard look easy and I think that's the amazing part about what he does. It's a very effortless style he plays with. The velocity of the ball, the placement of the ball, he's just an incredible player."

Tom Brady 58 playoff TDs in 32 games, that is 1.8125 per game.
Aaron Rodgers has 33 Playoff TDs in 16 games, that is 2.0625 per game.

Advantage Rodgers.

Rodgers has only been able to lead his team to half as many playoff games...and that's an advantage? I don't think so.

Does he have other advantages over Brady? Yes, and more than just one but that isn't one of them.

Brady has often shown, when he isn't leading his team in a blowout over another team, that he does just enough to put his team in front.

Rodgers has only been able to lead his team to half as many playoff games...and that's an advantage? I don't think so.

Does he have other advantages over Brady? Yes, and more than just one but that isn't one of them.

Brady has often shown, when he isn't leading his team in a blowout over another team, that he does just enough to put his team in front.

You realize Brady has 7 more years starting than Rodgers so he should have many more playoff appearances. You also realize there are 53 players on the team and one guy doesn't win the games? Wins are the biggest bullshit stat when ranking a QB right behind number of Super Bowl rings. Rodgers has never had a defense as good as New England's. And as the old saying goes, defense wins championships.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but there are 22 moving parts on every play.

I'm a Pats fan who has never felt the urge to go to the mat on the "Brady is the GOAT" argument. I just love when we win, and that's often.

You realize Brady has 7 more years starting than Rodgers so he should have many more playoff appearances. You also realize there are 53 players on the team and one guy doesn't win the games? Wins are the biggest bullshit stat when ranking a QB right behind number of Super Bowl rings. Rodgers has never had a defense as good as New England's. And as the old saying goes, defense wins championships.

I do realize all of that stuff.
It's just a lot of fun when someone just can't let go.

BTW...YUGE A.R. fan here...YUGE.

Back