2016-17 NFL Thread.

When picks are deflections off of receivers' hands, there are only certain circumstances that I blame the throw...and it could have easily been 3 more TDs so those numbers don't look so bad to me. Just think...but not for David Tyree, the Patriots would have another championship.

When there is coverage all over guys and the ball is still delivered and catchable...when the only safe place to throw it is behind everyone but JUST in reach of your receiver and he does it...when your team needs a block and you throw it yourself...did I say amazing?

Critical of a player that great? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Packers with the hot hand. My daughter called to say that the Packers defense doesn't deserve to be on the same team as their offense. Rogers is a miracle worker.

aaca130aedaf1f4a9dc20579676128d2.jpg

When picks are deflections off of receivers' hands, there are only certain circumstances that I blame the throw...and it could have easily been 3 more TDs so those numbers don't look so bad to me. Just think...but not for David Tyree, the Patriots would have another championship.

When there is coverage all over guys and the ball is still delivered and catchable...when the only safe place to throw it is behind everyone but JUST in reach of your receiver and he does it...when your team needs a block and you throw it yourself...did I say amazing?

Critical of a player that great? I don't get it.

Great players can have shitty games. 47.3% completion is bad, very bad. Tebow's career completion percentage was 47.9%.

I guess now I'm hoping for a Falcons - Chiefs Superbowl. Which means neither team will make it :embarrassed:

Falcons have never won a SB, and the Chiefs haven't won/been in a SB since SB IV.

I'm happy to see Dallass lose. Now if Defenses win championships, then the Falcons will win. Either way that will be a great game.

Aaron Rodgers > Tom Brady
I never said Rodgers wasn't amazing. One area in which he is unquestionably better than Brady is his movement in the pocket...like he has complete peripheral vision at times and throwing while being pursued goes hand in hand with this.

I never said Rodgers wasn't amazing. One area in which he is unquestionably better than Brady is his movement in the pocket...like he has complete peripheral vision at times and throwing while being pursued goes hand in hand with this.

You're so vain, you probably think my post was about you, don't you don't you :grin:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-the-line-from-brash-to-just-plain-unlikable/

Interesting points. I have liked Sherman's play, sometimes agreed with his previous criticisms of the NFL (Thursday night football for example). But he, and now a couple others, are crossing the line. Bummed about that. I really like Bennett, but I like the sportscaster he abused most recently too. The behavior needs to tighten up. I think it is a symptom of lack of discipline that has invaded the team. Not everyone. Lots of good actors on the team as mentioned in the article. I hope they pull it together. Sadly, I would not be surprised if the party is over for a player or two, and a couple move on. We'll see. Too soon to say I suppose, other than it is not too soon to decide to improve player behavior.

But, they can do it. Onward and upward. Go Seahawks!

EDIT: I am also going to disagree with the remark that the reporter makes that it is the culture Carroll has created. He has made some allowances, and allowed athletes who have made mistakes to re-make themselves, but I do not think he supports the recent shenanigans. From what I can tell, he is about competition and doing what it takes to win. This recent stuff has nothing to do with winning and is a distraction. I would expect it to be dealt with during the off season.

Last edited:
48% completetion, 2 TDs and 2 picks and that's amazing? I know I can be overly critical of Brady, but those are Tebow like numbers.

Tipped passes causes a lot of issues. Defenses are trained to do that. If the tipped passes had not occured, who knows what the result would have been. *Notice the word: "If"....

Great players can have shitty games. 47.3% completion is bad, very bad. Tebow's career completion percentage was 47.9%.

Agreed!!!

You can also say that the Texans Defensive line did what they needed to do. They contained TB12 in the 1st half. That sadly was the secret to the Giants 2 Super Bowl victories over the PATS yet they did not get the MVP.

Last edited:
You can also say that the Texans Defensive line did what they needed to do. They contained TB12 in the 1st half. That sadly was the secret to the Giants 2 Super Bowl victories over the PATS yet they did not get the MVP.
When the Seahawks lost last SB to the Pats, TB12 was looking human, until we lost Cliff Avril, and TB12 had suddenly more time and composure. The gruesome injury to Jeremy Lane didn't help either, but you could really sense a momentum and tempo shift on the Pats offense after that loss of Avril. Avril was key in the drubbing of Denver the year before too. He, Bennett, and crew never let Manning get comfortable.

PS, EDIT: Still no excuses. Injuries happen. That was an epic superbowl. I look forward to when the Seahawks play the Pats. The games always seem to be good ones.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-the-line-from-brash-to-just-plain-unlikable/

Interesting points. I have liked Sherman's play, sometimes agreed with his previous criticisms of the NFL (Thursday night football for example). But he, and now a couple others, are crossing the line. Bummed about that. I really like Bennett, but I like the sportscaster he abused most recently too. The behavior needs to tighten up. I think it is a symptom of lack of discipline that has invaded the team. Not everyone. Lots of good actors on the team as mentioned in the article. I hope they pull it together. Sadly, I would not be surprised if the party is over for a player or two, and a couple move on. We'll see. Too soon to say I suppose, other than it is not too soon to decide to improve player behavior.

But, they can do it. Onward and upward. Go Seahawks!

EDIT: I am also going to disagree with the remark that the reporter makes that it is the culture Carroll has created. He has made some allowances, and allowed athletes who have made mistakes to re-make themselves, but I do not think he supports the recent shenanigans. From what I can tell, he is about competition and doing what it takes to win. This recent stuff has nothing to do with winning and is a distraction. I would expect it to be dealt with during the off season.

IDK, the article makes some valid points about discipline or lack there of w/ the team...given their inconsistent play this year, he might have a point. As NFL history has shown us, you can get away with shooting your mouth off when you're putting results on the field but watch out when you're not living up to your potential.

"But it speaks to how out of touch an athlete who just signed a $31 million extension must be to think a playoff loss trumps everyone else’s problems."
Someone needs to codify the emotional/behavioral expectations of athletes based on pay rate sometime :wink:

IDK, the article makes some valid points about discipline or lack there of w/ the team...given their inconsistent play this year, he might have a point. As NFL history has shown us, you can get away with shooting your mouth off when you're putting results on the field but watch out when you're not living up to your potential.

"But it speaks to how out of touch an athlete who just signed a $31 million extension must be to think a playoff loss trumps everyone else’s problems."
Someone needs to codify the emotional/behavioral expectations of athletes based on pay rate sometime :wink:
Yes, I was intending to indicate I agreed with that part. Although, I think poor behavior is poor regardless of your success. Some of the more recent stuff seems more across the line to me.

When the Seahawks lost last SB to the Pats, TB12 was looking human, until we lost Cliff Avril, and TB12 had suddenly more time and composure. The gruesome injury to Jeremy Lane didn't help either, but you could really sense a momentum and tempo shift on the Pats offense after that loss of Avril. Avril was key in the drubbing of Denver the year before too. He, Bennett, and crew never let Manning get comfortable.

PS, EDIT: Still no excuses. Injuries happen. That was an epic superbowl. I look forward to when the Seahawks play the Pats. The games always seem to be good ones.

This season should be an interesting one as the PATS have been without Gronk for most of the season. With that said, if the PATS should win the Superbowl, this will make for a great discussion regarding injuries as well as personnel. Remember, we shipped out Jamie Collins mid season due to attitude issues. He went from a team that was 8-1 to a team that was 0-9.

http://nesn.com/2016/11/jamie-colli...with-patriots-coaches-before-trade-to-browns/

Back