2016-17 NFL Thread.

I survived last Sunday, another Bearless Sunday, Bears had their bi week. It was the third Bearless Sunday this season. Would love for them to get rid of Thursday night, and Sunday night, and Monday night, where I only get to watch the first half.

I survived last Sunday, another Bearless Sunday, Bears had their bi week. It was the third Bearless Sunday this season. Would love for them to get rid of Thursday night, and Sunday night, and Monday night, where I only get to watch the first half.
Sunday night is ok I think. But ya, the rest of it. Maybe instead of Monday Night Football, they could make a fictional MNF that is all CGI and features Howard Cosell, John Madden, celebrity guests like they used to do, such as John Lennon, add more such as Muhammad Ali, and have special mash up teams with players from different years.

Might be entertaining, and save the wear and tear on the real players.

We attempted to watch the Thursday night game, but the all green uni's gave Mrs. T a headache and made me feel nauseous. Seriously, it has that effect every time.

the-seattle-seahawks-are-wearing-the-craziest-nfl-color-rush-uniforms-yet.jpg

We attempted to watch the Thursday night game, but the all green uni's gave Mrs. T a headache and made me feel nauseous. Seriously, it has that effect every time.

the-seattle-seahawks-are-wearing-the-craziest-nfl-color-rush-uniforms-yet.jpg

One wonders if this is the inspiration for those unis:

41e57oQmjzL._SY355_.jpg

Perhaps Shittle isn't really taking the field, and they're just virtual reality characters?

Reactions: Tig
Gives The game at kind of Tron effect. Not my favorite, but whatever. University of Oregon and Phil Knight screwed it all up a few years ago and the world has moved on.

Last edited:
Sunday night is ok I think. But ya, the rest of it. Maybe instead of Monday Night Football, they could make a fictional MNF that is all CGI and features Howard Cosell, John Madden, celebrity guests like they used to do, such as John Lennon, add more such as Muhammad Ali, and have special mash up teams with players from different years.

Lingerie Bowl three times a week works for me.

Keep MNF, it's not that big of an issue. Sunday night is ok too, but Thursday is just a money grab by the NFL at the expense of players health. Not interested in CGI anything, especially football.

Thursday Night Football just doesn't work for me. I agree, it's just a money grab for the NFL.

I used to really love Cosell and Meredith. One was a bitter, twisted intellectual, the other was a drifting drunk ... and it worked perfectly.

Back