2016-17 NFL Thread.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Looks like I'll be routing for the cheese heads from here on out.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

That non-call in favour of Seattle regarding g the facemask /pass interference /major foul was inexcusable.

I saw another facemask uncalled against the Lion's elsewhere in the game as well, at the end of a run I believe. Blown calls seem to be a part of every game. But I figured the defender in this case got what he had coming with the obvious interference in the end zone. :wink:

And ok, anyway, call the score 19-6 then if you want.

In proving my point, see Exhibit "A". I believe if this one was called, it would have put the Seahawks on about the Lion's 5 with a first down.

15826692_10210941806688665_8097820648545771501_n.jpg

Calls get missed. I remember that very well in a game against the Steelers in 2006 as well.

In proving my point, see Exhibit "A". I believe if this one was called, it would have put the Seahawks on about the Lion's 5 with a first down.

View attachment 31410

Calls get missed. I remember that very well in a game against the Steelers in 2006 as well.

Lions lost the game, with or without missed calls. No question. What I'm wondering, it was on a touchdown. I don't think you can challenge a penalty but, all touchdowns are automatically reviewed. Is there some rule that they have to ignore penalties when they review something?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Looks like I'll be routing for the cheese heads from here on out.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'll probably be a Cowboy fan next weekend.

Haven't seen one game with them this year. I know they have won a lot of games but, have no idea what they are all about.

Lions lost the game, with or without missed calls. No question. What I'm wondering, it was on a touchdown. I don't think you can challenge a penalty but, all touchdowns are automatically reviewed. Is there some rule that they have to ignore penalties when they review something?
From what I read online, that aspect is not reviewable.

Next weeks predictions?

Seahawks vs Falcons = Falcons

Steelers vs Chiefs = Steelers

Packers vs Cowboys = Packers

The Packers have always been my team, but this will be tough...

And finally

Houston vs Patriots = Houston

Total upset!

j/k it's gonna be the Pats

Next weeks predictions?

Seahawks vs Falcons = Falcons

Steelers vs Chiefs = Steelers

Packers vs Cowboys = Packers

The Packers have always been my team, but this will be tough...

And finally

Houston vs Patriots = Houston

Total upset!

j/k it's gonna be the Pats

If Watt were healthy and playing, it would be a very good game, even with their bad offense. Brady has shown in the past, that if you hit him hard and often, he is a mere mortal and can be beaten. I think it will be closer than most folks do, Clowney is a beast, when he and Watt are both healthy, I would not want to be the QB playing against them.

If Watt were healthy and playing, it would be a very good game, even with their bad offense. Brady has shown in the past, that if you hit him hard and often, he is a mere mortal and can be beaten. I think it will be closer than most folks do, Clowney is a beast, when he and Watt are both healthy, I would not want to be the QB playing against them.

15873585_1563732456977455_5355623690825788498_n.jpg

Except that it's not so easy to hit him this season. The O-line is playing waaaaaay better than the line of last season.

Except that it's not so easy to hit him this season. The O-line is playing waaaaaay better than the line of last season.

Add on that TB12 will scramble if necessary. He is not the most mobile but mobile enough to get out of most trouble.

I believe the Pats beat the Giants to go 16-0 one season. How did that super bowl go again? :grin:

I did say with a healthy Watt, Watt was far from healthy in the regular season. I also said it would be closer than most people think. I think the Pats will win, but I think the Texans will cover the 27 :grin:

I believe the Pats beat the Giants to go 16-0 one season. How did that super bowl go again? :grin:

I did say with a healthy Watt, Watt was far from healthy in the regular season. I also said it would be closer than most people think. I think the Pats will win, but I think the Texans will cover the 27 :grin:

Giants are out and our thorn is no longer present. Sadly when the Pats went 16-0, the Giants were the last game of the season and Pats just squeaked by 38-35. Please note that when the Giants went into the playoffs, they reconfigured their front D-line to play go full tilt and rotated 8 Defensive lineman. I don't believe the Texans have that setup. Besides as @frunobulax mentioned, we have a better O-line and our offensive weapons are much better than 2007. The Texans will need to score points which was a real fluke this past Sunday. Texans were averaging 18.0 points per game in 2016.

Besides as @frunobulax mentioned, we have a better O-line and our offensive weapons are much better than 2007.

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker as your recievers were way better than Edleman, Mitchell and Floyd. I don't think it is even close. Gronk way is better than Watson and Kyle Brady, Running backs are probably a wash. I mean Moss is one of the best to ever play the position.

Seahawks matched up decently with the Pats in mid November, but we had Earl Thomas and will miss him in the middle (though Gronk is out, apparently due to Thomas), and Bennett is still not quite up to form after his injury. By way of comparison. Seahawks have a long way to go before we get to see how a rematch would look. But you never know! :grin:

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker as your recievers were way better than Edleman, Mitchell and Floyd. I don't think it is even close. Gronk way is better than Watson and Kyle Brady, Running backs are probably a wash. I mean Moss is one of the best to ever play the position.

This years running backs are much better. The Pats running game today is stronger as compared to '07. Also Edelman doesn't drop critical passes as Welker did. IIRC, there were a couple of crucial passes that Welker dropped. Hence why he got shipped to the Broncos and Edelman because the primary slot. As for Gronk, he is IR and done for the season. Floyd was a last minute replacement for Amendola, we may get him back by the start of playoffs. Floyd reminds me a lot of Stallworth where they are at the back end of their career.

This years running backs are much better. The Pats running game today is stronger as compared to '07. Also Edelman doesn't drop critical passes as Welker did. IIRC, there were a couple of crucial passes that Welker dropped. Hence why he got shipped to the Broncos and Edelman because the primary slot. As for Gronk, he is IR and done for the season. Floyd was a last minute replacement for Amendola, we may get him back by the start of playoffs. Floyd reminds me a lot of Stallworth where they are at the back end of their career.

Welker wasn't shipped to the Broncos. He was a free agent and followed the money to Denver. Welker led the league in receptions 3 times and is the franchise leader in receptions. A quick search for Welker dropped passes only gets me the one he "dropped" in the super bowl. It would have been a hell of a catch because it was thrown over the wrong shoulder (or maybe he turned the wrong way) but he had to jump backwards and do a 180 to get his hands on it. But I am not a Pats fan, so I usually only catch their playoff and super bowls. All I know, is I would have loved to have Welker on my team.

Back