2016-17 NFL Thread.

I wish they would:

ditch the divisions and conferences (though schedules would keep playing old division rivals once per season)
top 8 teams league wide go to the playoffs, no wildcards or byes
turn 3 preseason games into real ones
no tie games

amongst a few other things :embarrassed:

I wish they would:

ditch the divisions and conferences (though schedules would keep playing old division rivals once per season)
top 8 teams league wide go to the playoffs, no wildcards or byes
turn 3 preseason games into real ones
no tie games

amongst a few other things :embarrassed:

I disagree with all of that. The only thing that needs to change about the preseason is stop making season ticket holders buy the tickets and lower the prices of them. Teams need a way to evaluate new talent, 1 preseason game isn't enough.

I was watching some of the Raiders game this evening (were they playing the Texans?)...Anyway, a sack or a tackle is not a dance moment. Perhaps if it is a pivotal moment but not every one. Thank F Cam Newton isn't in the spotlight this year too...Posing and dancing. F'n idiotic.

The celebration of a tackle during the game reminded me of some doofus in the NBA this past week...He took a shot and it bounced. It looked like it was going to drop in through the hoop as it came down - doofus turns his back on it and starts a little shoulder shake celebration dance as the ball bounces and DOESN'T GO IN.

DIX.

Everything is cause for celebration theses days, because teams mean nothing, it's all about MMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Houston looked great. What are they doing in a wild card game? How did they not win their division?

Rooting for the Lions now. Usually really like the hawks but, they are not as fun to watch without Lynch. Also, I have a soft spot for any NFC North team that isn't the Packers.

Houston looked great. What are they doing in a wild card game? How did they not win their division?

The game would have been more fun if Carr was playing. It was Houston's game to lose - really!

So shocked that the Texans put up 27 points when their average is about 17-18 points per game.

Yeah, I'll probably root for the Seahawks against whoever they play next. They were fun to watch. I saw one game earlier in the season, thought they went a different direction.

That non-call in favour of Seattle regarding g the facemask /pass interference /major foul was inexcusable.
I saw another facemask uncalled against the Lion's elsewhere in the game as well, at the end of a run I believe. Blown calls seem to be a part of every game. But I figured the defender in this case got what he had coming with the obvious interference in the end zone. :wink:

And ok, anyway, call the score 19-6 then if you want.

Last edited:
The Texans had an OK game, but there was a lot of bad execution in both games.

I'm a Pats fan (bring the h8, used to it by now ....), and one thing I've learned from watching a ton of football over the BB/TB era is the difference between teams that make good plays and teams that kill themselves to eliminate bad ones. Two different levels.

I wasn't saying it was the difference in the game but how do they miss it? Everyone is watching those 2 players and dude has the defender in a headlock starting with a hand full of facemask.

On the plus side...If dude hadn't made the catch, the defender probably would have f'n danced so...

I wasn't saying it was the difference in the game but how do they miss it? Everyone is watching those 2 players and dude has the defender in a headlock starting with a hand full of facemask.

On the plus side...If dude hadn't made the catch, the defender probably would have f'n danced so...

It's the same thing as hockey; if the refs wanted to call every foul or penalty every time they see one, the game would grind to a halt with calls every turn of the ball or puck. They generally try to pay attention to fouls/penalties that are material to the outcome of a play or game or set a tone for the officiating. Plus, they are human and sometimes don't see everything. Yeah, there are blown calls that cost a close game or turn the momentum but I don't think the blown calls last night fall into that category.

Hanging with the Biebs...

image.jpeg

Back