2016-17 NFL Thread.

image.jpeg

The Patriots sure did shut a bunch of mouths -- but didn't do much except make me feel sorry for Trevor Siemian. He's no Matt Moore, er, Tom Savage, uh, never mind.

The Patriots are playing over their talent level -- and I wonder when that's going to return to earth. OTOH, Belichick's work this year really adds to the legacy - of course, you haven't heard one word about him for coach of the year. It will never, ever happen. But the game planning is so good; the Patriots are truly a different team week over week. Got a good secondary (Broncos, Seahawks)? We'll run on you. Got a lousy secondary (Ravens, Rams)? We'll throw and throw (and throw some more).

No news stories about shouting matches in the locker room, unless you count Marty Bennett's "Where's my hat?!??! I Ain't Never Won Shit!" joyfest. Chandler "Tiger Blood" Jones (missed a game due to a weird PCP episode last year, sure to please Captain Party Belichick) and Jamie "Free Middle Linesafety" Collins shipped out. He has people like Kyle Van Noy and Jabal Sheard making big contributions. For F's sake, he has Chris Hogan making contributions. And this with Amendola and Gronk gone.

Could be interesting.

Sadly with Carr out it will likely be a brief visit. I thought Carr had a legit shot at MVP and doubt he will now. The Raiders have been a fun team to watch even though I am not a fan but without Carr they will not be as much fun and will not likely do much though they still could have a 1st round bye.

Nice to see the NFL moving the GB/Lions game to Sunday night next week....that should be fun!

I agree with Carr. He has been a delight to watch as was my QB for my entire FFB season. I knew that he was going to do well this year as last year he was beginning to come of age. Hopefully this injury will not detract from his future.

I don't know what to make of the Seahawks, other than they are really beat up. Not finishing like they normally do. Will just have to see what happens.

Changing the Packers-Lions game time SUCKS! Whenever they play a late game I always miss the end because I have to be at work.

Changing the Packers-Lions game time SUCKS! Whenever they play a late game I always miss the end because I have to be at work.

Exactly what I thought. They do understand the people who would be most interested in an NFC North game are in the Central time zone?

I think the Bears had 4 night games this year. As horrible as they have been, who other than a Bears fan wants to watch them?

I don't know what to make of the Seahawks, other than they are really beat up. Not finishing like they normally do. Will just have to see what happens.

They seems incredibly inconsistent in the last few games which you can probably attribute to the injuries. Add in how bad the offensive line protection has been and it's a struggle. They need a lot of chips to fall into place to get a bye so they're probably looking at needing 3 straight playoff wins with 2 coming on the road.

Back