2016-17 NFL Thread.

Cool story, bro.
I was impartial to the game, though I'm a Jimmy Graham fan. Nice to see the Seahawks finally realize he's on their team :lol:

Yeah that kick and the penalty was a series of bullshit. And I thought a whistle was blown? The announcers seemed to think so.

Terrible reffing that game.
@Danhedonia

"Don't be mad at Richard Sherman because he knows the rules better than the refs."

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/8/13561208/richard-sherman-block-field-goal-seahawks-bills-officials

Sounds a bit like what they say about the Pats at times.

I'm not mad at Richard Sherman. I have no problem with taking a penalty or sending a message.

However, that's a dirty play. What I can't stand is spin/denial/etc.

I'm not mad at Richard Sherman. I have no problem with taking a penalty or sending a message.

However, that's a dirty play. What I can't stand is spin/denial/etc.
Did you see the pic with his hand on the ball? Refs admit no whistle? Kicker still kicking? Dirty? I don't see it. Penalty? Yes. But the refs have to blow their whistle.

So is everybody still in love with Carson Wentz?
I think he'll be a good QB. Heck I think he IS a good QB. Teams have made adjustments against how the Eagles have been doing things, so Wentz' numbers have fallen off. But I think overall he's done alright, and with more experience and just getting used to the NFL speed he will get better.

I want to see Goff get some limited playing time. At least in games where the outcome is already decided.

Did you see the pic with his hand on the ball? Refs admit no whistle? Kicker still kicking? Dirty? I don't see it. Penalty? Yes. But the refs have to blow their whistle.

That's about as sad a response as I can imagine. Honestly, you just lose enormous credibility with that.

You can also read this, or one of the other 50 or so national columns saying more or less the same thing. Or keep trying the "well, the lamp fell, as I was running past it, only I wasn't running, because remember you said not to run in the house ....."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ting-dan-carpenter/1uowgtm5tqyzq1dh9avfc6yfuy

Or perhaps the head of NFL officiating, as well as just about everyone who said that should have been a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike.

You do know why those are given out, right?

I'm so close to hopping off the Pats' bandwagon. I could never do that for the Red Sox or Bruins, and I love the Celtics, but Belichick's act has worn awfully thin on me. I'm not just overreacting to a regular-season loss -- I'm just tired of how he runs the franchise. It has honestly sucked a lot of the joy out of winning.

I'm so close to hopping off the Pats' bandwagon. I could never do that for the Red Sox or Bruins, and I love the Celtics, but Belichick's act has worn awfully thin on me. I'm not just overreacting to a regular-season loss -- I'm just tired of how he runs the franchise. It has honestly sucked a lot of the joy out of winning.

I'll gladly take him. Send him to DC.

I think Belichick would do wonders just about anywhere, but there IS always the possibility that someone's act gets old where they are. I think he's pretty close to that moment in N.E. The whole Trump-support letter sure isn't going to help him around there, should he continue trading marquee players and losing to upper echelon teams.

Old home team vs new home team. Go home team!
dm_141204_nfl_SEAPHI1.jpg

Back