2016-17 NFL Thread.

Agreeance. I was just talking smack - that's what Massholes do.

I once heard a remark that Belichick's true genius was managing the bottom half of the roster. Over time, as a (profoundly grateful) Pats fan (who can ever forget Raymond Berry turning in his own players for cocaine use - "for their own good, and the Lord told me to do it" ... ), I've come to see his genius. There are must not move guys (Brady, Bruschi, Gronk). There are guys who gets to stay at team-favorable rates (Rodney Harrison; pick an OL from '04-'09, and then everyone else - everyone else - has a value and he won't pay more.

Most teams would not be comfortable letting these players walk out the door (for various reasons good and bad):
Lawyer Milloy
Ty Law
Vince Wilfork
Wes Welker
Akeem Ayers
Mike Vrabel
Randy Moss
Richard Seymour
Willie McGinest
Asante Samuel
Logan Mankins
(how many more?)

... but he did, and with perhaps the exception of the fascinating 2009 season (or whichever one A Football Life followed), always had a roster that could execute his game plans to where they had a chance to win it all.

It's not luck that spits up a Malcolm Butler and hangs on to him while realizing Jonas Gray is dime-a-dozen. He's incredibly good at seeing the whole roster puzzle.

As for Brady retiring, two things:
* I really wouldn't hitch one's wagon to Trent Dilfer ("he's done"). Brady's diet and workout regime are a lot like Jerry Rice. And ...
* ... Garoppolo is really, really good. I've been seeing him in preseason and saying this for two years, and he looked great 'til the injury this year. This offseason someone will offer him Osweiler money, Bill will let him go, and I will be really bummed. That kid can flat out play.

Tough game facing the Seahawks at home tomorrow. They played tough before the break. Hopefully they will keep their focus and come away with a win over Atlanta. But it will be a big game. Chancellor has a groin injury and is questionable. Also, DE Frank Clark. Go Seahawks!

When Philadelphia sends their people, they're not sending their best. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Color me unimpressed with Wentz. He may grow into a good QB, but he looked like a rookie against a pretty bad Skins D. he also didn't impress me in the Browns game. He had a much better game then but it was the Browns. He did have a few good plays today but for the most part meh.

Color me unimpressed with Wentz. He may grow into a good QB, but he looked like a rookie against a pretty bad Skins D. he also didn't impress me in the Browns game. He had a much better game then but it was the Browns. He did have a few good plays today but for the most part meh.

His O-Line was hot garbage out there. Wentz didn't stand a chance. I thought he showed pretty well, all things considered. But, you know...Hail to em!

His O-Line was hot garbage out there. Wentz didn't stand a chance. I thought he showed pretty well, all things considered. But, you know...Hail to em!

Yeah, but it ain't like our D line is any good :grin:

All I care is we won. Without that stupid ass celebration penalty, it would have been a rout. So let me get it straight, you can slam the ball on the ground (a spike) and that is fine, but it you toss it like a basketball it is a 15 yard penalty? Thanks Dallas.

Seahawks survived an Atlanta comeback in the third, after blowing a couple coverages. They got lucky on a no-call on Sherman in the end, but they may have put it away anyway. On the other side of non-calls, an Atlanta lineman put his helmet into the knee of Michael Bennett, who was getting in on Ryan almost every play. Looked like an intentional cheap shot to me. Put his helmet right on the knee during a chop block. Bastard. Bennett sat out the rest of the game and now is nursing a sore knee.

I gave up on the Texans and went to bed last night. :embarrassed:

I guess they decided they aren't ready to give up on the season yet, good comeback, boys. :thu:

image.png

Patriots rack up another win behind their 'above average' QB.

In all seriousness, those who like to disparage Brady likely don't watch Brady -- this game was a clinic.

Back