The Tattoos of Weinworld

One of the shops I have been tattooed at had a Pearl Harbor special yesterday...any palm sized Sailor Jerry flash for $41. This woulda prolly cost me $150 - $180 on a normal day...couldn't say no:

2011-12-08065045.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

Reactions: Tig
One of the shops I have been tattooed at had a Pearl Harbor special yesterday...any palm sized Sailor Jerry flash for $41. This woulda prolly cost me $150 - $180 on a normal day...couldn't say no:

2011-12-08065045.jpg

Nice! You're going to run out of room soon.

Im going to take the plunge soon. I just am not sure where to get the tattoo. I like to get a tribute to my dog that just passed. The tattoos I like the most have a lot of color in them. So some research is in order. I really don't know much so im very apprehensive at this point.

2011-12-08065045.jpg

So that's what that's called. I've been wanting to get one of those old style black panthers.

sailorjerry2tattoo-panther.jpg

sailorjerryflash1.jpg

Last edited:
From my experience, the more I looked around, the more obvious it started to become. Find the local shops and check their websites for pictures of their work. Many will have Facebook too. After a while, you will start to see differences between what is good and what is great. That Last Sparrow Tattoo forum is a great resource too. You could join up over there or just do a lot of reading. And believe it or not, the guy who found the shop for me is in NJ. He just happens to do a lot of reading and knew of the shop from conventions and stuff.

Then you end up needing to go meet with the artist. I can tell you that it is a cool thing to talk to an artist about creating something that will go on your skin. I found the entire experience to be fascinating. I'll get a couple more at some point.

So that's what that's called. I've been wanting to get one of those old style black panthers.

sailorjerry2tattoo-panther.jpg

sailorjerryflash1.jpg

Yeah man! You live in LA, right? You have incrediblely good shops to chose from. I haz teh enviez!

I got the black panther on my calf. My dad has one too... so its kind of a tribute to my awesome Dad.

here's an old-school gowgirl I had done about 12 years ago or so.
hard to get a pic myself, as I gotta twist weird, and can't see what I'm shooting.
inner right forearm...

PIC_1318.jpg

4 hours of meat grinding on my inside upper arm last night to get things under way. :grin:

Back