The search is over.

Never had 2" of water.

I've had a small puddle, maybe 4-5 oz. tops.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
2" may be exaggerated. 1"+ probably. It was bad enough that a buddy jumped in and the splash went all over the console and me.

The rest of my lift kit shipped yesterday. Should get it tomorrow. I probably won't get it installed until the middle of April, though.

Never had 2" of water.

I've had a small puddle, maybe 4-5 oz. tops.

Does Mrs. P's leak? Or just your soft top? We have had some very hard rains lately and Mrs. Rev's is leak free so far.

Hers leaked once, after we'd had the freedom panels off and hadn't gotten them back on properly.

Mine doesn't leak bad, but after a night of steady rain, there may be a small puddle in the floorboard.

Since this seems to be the catch all Jeep thread. Here are pics of the TJ before the restoration.

DSCF7322.JPG
DSCF7321.JPG
DSCF7324.JPG
DSCF7320.JPG
DSCF7322.JPG
DSCF7321.JPG
DSCF7324.JPG
DSCF7320.JPG

You've gotten it back from the shop, haven't you? Where are the 'after' pics?

Are you keeping the stock bumpers?

Since this seems to be the catch all Jeep thread. Here are pics of the TJ before the restoration.

I've got a high clearance exhaust and CAI on order. Depending on the raping I receive from the IRS, hoping for new headlights also. Planning to take a week in May to upgrade.

I've got a high clearance exhaust and CAI on order. Depending on the raping I receive from the IRS, hoping for new headlights also. Planning to take a week in May to upgrade.
I picked up some LED headlights from Quadratec to upgrade the crappy stock units.

I put in some brighter headlight bulbs, but haven't replaced the headlights with LEDs. I did put LED bulbs in both the fog lights and the back up lights. All of those things helped, but the lighting still sucks.

I worry about LED headlights because they don't generate enough heat to melt off snow and ice, and most aftermarket LEDs aren't heated.

Then again, Jeep included LED headlights as an option on the 2017 models, and even they aren't heated.

As much as I love most everything about my Jeep, I have to admit that ALL of the lights on it are worthless.

My rear bumper has cutouts on the tire carrier for rear mounted lights, so at some point I may install some cheapish LED flood lights in the back and wire them up to my back up lights. Even with the LED bulbs in the back up lights, backing into my parking spot at home, at night, is more a game of "it feels like I'm in the right spot" than "Oh hey, I can see what I'm about to back in to".

Non heated is a concern. I know Trucklite sells a reflector type LED. But I think maybe KC has one as well. I think it had a honeycomb appearance.
Can't remember now. It's been a few months since I researched LED headlights.

Yeah, I know Trucklite sells a heated LED headlight. But, they are $550 for the pair. I don't drive THAT much at night.

It's not the KC I was thinking of either. Just looked it up and its not heated. I'll have to find my notes.

I do quite a bit of night driving, even some trails with a group. But we haven't had that much winter weather in recent years. That said, you don't need them until you need them.
I remember reading one guy saying that his commute to work in a snow storm, visibility was better with his lights off and only using his fog lights after his upgrade. His fogs still being halogen.

Which manufacturer did you go with? Any regrets or wish you had gone with Brand X?
I haven't installed them yet. I got the quadratec brand lights. I only drive the TJ in the summer on nice days so heat is not a concern for me.

Back