The Baseball Thread.....

photo_an_unfortunate_moment_in_boston_bus_advertising.jpg
 
Some pretty exciting playoff games today. Detroit was looking good... for a while.
Rangers are back on track.
 
...Craig Sager is like the Don Cherry of Baseball...only not nearly as entertaining...
 
The number of empty seats at Tropicana Field right now is sad... Very sad. How this team still fails to pull in fans is amazing.

It's a good game too :facepalm:
 
The way it all came down yesterday was incredible!

Coming back from a 7-0 deficit?!

Blowing a lead in the 9th!?

Damn. Quite possibly the best final day of a season in my lifetime.

That was a hell of a night. I don't think either wild card was decided until what? sometime after 11:embarrassed:0 central time. That was a day of wild, whacky, wonderful baseball.
 
The number of empty seats at Tropicana Field right now is sad... Very sad. How this team still fails to pull in fans is amazing.

It's a good game too :facepalm:

Any team that makes the playoffs and cannot sell out the stadium needs to move to another city. Florida does not support baseball......

I watched a couple innings when I was running on the treadmill at lunch.
 
Any team that makes the playoffs and cannot sell out the stadium needs to move to another city. Florida does not support baseball......

I watched a couple innings when I was running on the treadmill at lunch.

Where would you have the Atlanta Braves go? I recommend Hell.
 
At work we have a meeting with the VP over our department every two weeks. Our VP is a die hard Yankee fan. I suggested in our department that if the Yankees lose tonight (pleasepleasepleaseplease) that we all wear Tigers cats to the meeting. The idea was vetoed for some strange reason. I liked it....
 
I was rooting for The Ray's, but it wasn't meant to be. My Brother drove down from Tallahassee to the game today. He's going to have a long drive home :cry:
 
I was rooting for The Ray's, but it wasn't meant to be. My Brother drove down from Tallahassee to the game today. He's going to have a long drive home :cry:

i didn't think they had a chance. good for them getting to where they did though. especially with how it happened.
 
i didn't think they had a chance. good for them getting to where they did though. especially with how it happened.

Indeed. It was quite an accomplishment just to get in. Maybe next year, some of their fans will show up. It seems Tampa/St. Pete has a lot in common with San Diego. I can't comprehend a play off game not being a sell out. That's just crazy.
 
Atlanta Braves.

Yeah. Them too. WTF?

I have bought tickets for every post-season game the Padres have played since '98, and have been to every home-field post-season game (whether I could afford it at the time or not :grin: ). It baffles me how a metro area of 2 Million + people can't sell 45,000 tickets to an historical sporing event.

I think the worst feeling (sports related) I have ever had, was having to go back to Qualcomm Stadium and get a refund for my World Series Game 5 tickets in 98. That seriously sucked donkey balls.
 
Back
Top