The Baseball Thread.....

It looked like a little league game, and I loved it.

That game had just about everything short of a bean ball brawl. I don't see how game 7 could possibly compare no matter who wins.

New respect for both teams.
 
Well my boys won it all. Way to go Redbirds. 2011 World Champions. I picked them in 7 games although I don't think I put it down in writing or type. It was a lucky guess fueled by love of the Cardinals and nothing more. I did expect a good series based on the way both teams played in their LCS and they didn't disappoint. So anyways, Foo is a happy man today.
 
I saw it coming. His post game 7 interviews all had a very bittersweet air about them. The guy is a baseball genius and will be missed (except for if and when the Padres have to face the Cards in the playoffs again :grin: )
 
Wow. What a bummer.(I'm a Cardinals fan) He's a great manager and I even kinda learned to like him after a while. I was pissed at first with the way he handled the Ozzy Smith situation. I think he'll be back but I may be dead wrong. He is so into baseball he kinda, sorta "separates" from his wife for baseball season where they each kinda go their separate ways.
 
Wow. What a bummer.(I'm a Cardinals fan) He's a great manager and I even kinda learned to like him after a while. I was pissed at first with the way he handled the Ozzy Smith situation. I think he'll be back but I may be dead wrong. He is so into baseball he kinda, sorta "separates" from his wife for baseball season where they each kinda go their separate ways.

Ozzy??? OZZY???
 
Ozzy??? OZZY???

Ozzy Smith. Great player. The Padres got an even better (if somewhat less acrobatic) player for him in the person of the great Gary Templeton...

* puts on flame proof suit and awaits the coming wrath *
 
Ozzy Smith. Great player. The Padres got an even better (if somewhat less acrobatic) player for him in the person of the great Gary Templeton...

* puts on flame proof suit and awaits the coming wrath *

ozzy.jpg


Ozzy :lol:
 
am i the only one finding an irritating amount the use of the word grind, grinding...etc. it's the catch phrase of the season i suppose. i wish it would stop soon. ok. i'll go back to grinding it out now.
 
i haven't really noticed it. but then again, i only get to see one game per week.....the one on foxx every saturday. but now i'll be listening for the grind.
 
it seems to be a catch phrase like "dirt bags" or whatever it was a few years ago that started in boston
 
Back
Top