Pets of Wein

Lola is a grass.

Fired up the Weber yesterday. She was getting some sausages but the wait was clearly too much so I slipped her a little peri peri chicken thigh to keep her chilled at which point she quickly ran into the house to show Mrs JBJ her score.

Much moaning about giving her stuff with bones ensued.
Time to apply the snitches get stitches doctrine :embarrassed:
We're so far managing a very strict no human food rule for Kiira, she doesn't beg much and mostly just wants to have a good sniff at our food, and we'd like to keep it that way :embarrassed:

Time to apply the snitches get stitches doctrine :embarrassed:
We're so far managing a very strict no human food rule for Kiira, she doesn't beg much and mostly just wants to have a good sniff at our food, and we'd like to keep it that way :embarrassed:

She's good as gold when we're at the table but she was digging the BBQ and I'd had a few beers.

She may or may not have projectile diaohrea this afternoon : facepalm:

Update on the bunnies...we have a male and a female and they are about a week or so out from puberty. Vet wants to fatten them up before neutering the boy so we had to put a dog gate in the room to separate them. They look so sad now like they are visiting each other in prison.

Reactions: Tig
I have some sad pet news. Sprout the gerbil died suddenly last week. She had a major violent seizure last Monday and died shortly after. She was 2 1/2 which isn’t exactly young in gerbil years. And seizures aren’t uncommon in gerbils, but major seizures that result in death are fairly rare.

Her cagemate Merle is still choogling along a little needier but mostly unfazed and has redoubled her efforts at maximum naughtiness and treat acquisition.

I have some sad pet news. Sprout the gerbil died suddenly last week. She had a major violent seizure last Monday and died shortly after. She was 2 1/2 which isn’t exactly young in gerbil years. And seizures aren’t uncommon in gerbils, but major seizures that result in death are fairly rare.

Her cagemate Merle is still choogling along a little needier but mostly unfazed and has redoubled her efforts at maximum naughtiness and treat acquisition.
Mojo :( I had several pet rats as a kid, they hardly ever make it past 2 1/2, but they're such lovely and affectionate creatures the loss hits a lot harder than people think. I can imagine gerbils being much the same.

Mojo and R.I.P. Sprout :frown:

Give Merle some extra loving

Mojo :( I had several pet rats as a kid, they hardly ever make it past 2 1/2, but they're such lovely and affectionate creatures the loss hits a lot harder than people think. I can imagine gerbils being much the same.

I had a hamster when I was younger (teenager, maybe 14 /15 so not even like a kid kid) and it absolutely crushed me when he died.

Gerbils are a little more aloof and inscrutable than mice and rats, but they live a bit longer in general. But they are very sweet and it’s sad when they go. We’ve had lots of pet mice—they live about as long as rats—and a couple of them made it to around three because these are spoiled one percenter rodents.

Mojo. RIP, Sprout.

Groundhog came out of the woods to eat in the front yard.

6C26EC30-2036-4533-B702-17241749BF45.jpeg

I'm really sorry. I'm going to miss seeing pictures of that little guy.

@DdBob Update on the Ruffwear harness!

We got Kiira the Front Range harness a few weeks ago (largely based on your recommendation and general reviews). So far, it's been great. The harness we had is really well made but just didn't fit her well at all. The Ruffwear one is really nice, it feels super sturdy, she seems to like it a lot better, it doesn't cause the same chafing issues. It seems really well made, decent reflection strips, and she has no way to wriggle out of it (not that she tries). The only thing I'm a bit weirded out by is their sizing chart. I measured her as they show, and according to that she should be at the low end of size S, but in reality she's closer to the max.. No biggie, it fits, so I don't care, but it might be something for people that want one to keep into account. If we're taking her for hikes we'll definitely get the backpacks as well.

Showing off her harness:
QYXI7I1.jpg

And a very satisfied dog just because I can :embarrassed:
TimU3FB.jpg

Last edited:
@DdBob Update on the Ruffwear harness!

We got Kiira the Front Range harness a few weeks ago (largely based on your recommendation and general reviews). So far, it's been great. The harness we had is really well made but just didn't fit her well at all. The Ruffwear one is really nice, it feels super sturdy, she seems to like it a lot better, it doesn't cause the same chafing issues. It seems really well made, decent reflection strips, and she has no way to wriggle out of it (not that she tries). The only thing I'm a bit weirded out by is their sizing chart. I measured her as they show, and according to that she should be at the low end of size S, but in reality she's closer to the max.. No biggie, it fits, so I don't care, but it might be something for people that want one to keep into account. If we're taking her for hikes we'll definitely get the backpacks as well.

Showing off her harness:
QYXI7I1.jpg

And a very satisfied dog just because I can :embarrassed:
TimU3FB.jpg

Nice! . I always got the mediums for both Callie and Sonny now. Sonny has a weird fit in that he has a super deep chest but then he's greyhound like just behind the stomach. I woulda thought medium would be more the fit for Kiira * and that's what I'd probably lean to as she gets more grown too) but that's the good thing about adjustable stuff.
BTW in the future if there's ever anything dog related you want from the "states" that isn't readily available online or doesn't ship to you I would be happy to be the middle man and could get it and ship to you, just pm me.

Back