OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that's the McCain I like.:grin:
McCain is an interesting dude for sure. Bona Fide war hero, total fucking loon 90% of the time, but that other 10% is fucking awesome. Every now and then, he's on the right side of an issue, and he's like a pitbull with Tourette's. Won't let go, and talks mad shit.

Very entertaining when he has it right.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, NC decides that money is more important than their 'morals'. Corporations & large organization that are the gatekeepers of large amounts of money can occasionally use that power to change policy for good.

I am amazed at the number of people I have to explain this : without large corporations, NCAA & other sports/entertainment monies coming in, the state and local governments will have no other options to pay for needed services than increasin property, sales, and state taxes.

Last edited:
McCain is an interesting dude for sure. Bona Fide war hero, total fucking loon 90% of the time, but that other 10% is fucking awesome. Every now and then, he's on the right side of an issue, and he's like a pitbull with Tourette's. Won't let go, and talks mad shit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

McCain I respect for his military contributions but I loathe that he talks shit on Trump and then votes lockstep with him and the rest of the [R] lemmings in the Senate since Cheeto took office. McCain and his cohorts like Graham (shudder) have real power to stop this madness and instead it looks like it'll be the rubber stamp express.

McCain I respect for his military contributions but I loathe that he talks shit on Trump and then votes lockstep with him and the rest of the [R] lemmings in the Senate since Cheeto took office. McCain and his cohorts like Graham (shudder) have real power to stop this madness and instead it looks like it'll be the rubber stamp express.

Yep. Paper Tiger.

He has a long, long, long-ass way to go to make up for fucking Caribou Barbie (Palin ... spit!).

Trump University Suit Settlement Approved by Judge
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/us/trump-university-settlement.html

"A federal judge on Friday gave final approval to a $25 million agreement to settle fraud claims arising from Donald J. Trump’s for-profit education venture, Trump University"

haha1.gif

Reactions: Tig
"Stringer's office analyzed tax returns of 365,000 New York City households. It found that 92 percent of the city's millionaires would receive, on average, a tax cut of at least $113,000.

Nearly half of single parents who make $25,000 to $50,000 would experience a tax increase, it said.

The tax cuts, which would reduce federal revenue by more than $2 trillion over 10 years, are driving proposed budget cuts that would leave the city, home to 60,000 homeless people, with a weakened social safety net, Stringer said."

"Stringer's office analyzed tax returns of 365,000 New York City households. It found that 92 percent of the city's millionaires would receive, on average, a tax cut of at least $113,000.

Nearly half of single parents who make $25,000 to $50,000 would experience a tax increase, it said.

The tax cuts, which would reduce federal revenue by more than $2 trillion over 10 years, are driving proposed budget cuts that would leave the city, home to 60,000 homeless people, with a weakened social safety net, Stringer said."

Link?

And while I know there is coal mining in other states it's primarily Kentucky and WV right?

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Michigan lost hundreds of thousands of Auto related jobs alone just since NAFTA...

Ohio was hit pretty hard too.

that is exactly what they had planned all along.
more for the rich
fuck the poor.

and btw....there is NO such thing as "middle class" any longer. there is upper poor and lower poor.

And while I know there is coal mining in other states it's primarily Kentucky and WV right?

Meanwhile Michigan lost hundreds of thousands of Auto related jobs alone just since NAFTA...

well...those jobs were going to get lost anyway, either to poor brown people or robots. the ceo's chose both.

well...those jobs were going to get lost anyway, either to poor brown people or robots. the ceo's chose both.

Well that's a whole other topic.

The point was the auto industry collapse in the rust belt affected a hell of a lot more people than stupid fucking coal mining jobs. Politicians of course being either useless or culpable during the process.

In other words Kentucky & WV can eat a dick.

Well that's a whole other topic.

The point was the auto industry collapse in the rust belt affected a hell of a lot more people than stupid fucking coal mining jobs. Politicians of course being either useless or culpable during the process.

In other words Kentucky & WV can eat a dick.
not to mention the steel industry, that hit the skids before the auto industry did. i grew up in a steel town in western pa.
1979 showed up and it turned into a ghost town. the statistic for Pa. is that between 1976 and 1982 over 30% of the state population moved to other states.

You know, even if it benefited more people, who the fuck wants to be a coal miner? I get you can make a decent income, once you have been there a while and work a ton of overtime, but fuck that. I can't think of a more horrible job than mining coal. How about instead of trying to bring back coal jobs, that like you said only really benefit a few areas of people, start some training programs and maybe bring some call center jobs back to the US. You can locate call centers anywhere and I can't imagine how much better for your quality of life is working in a call center is than in a coal mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back