OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny.jpg

"Flat Tax" is something that shows up every 4 years, only to be placed back in it's box after the Primaries.
whatever.gif

I can't understand why no one grasps the simple logic of the Flax Tax. Maybe it's the Flax lobby in Washington, I don't know. But if I was elected President, I'd tax the fuck out of some flax.

Flat sales tax schemes have a real gnarly effect on the poor. If I inherit shitloads of money, it's less painful for me in a real world experience sense to pay an extra 20% on necessary goods (food, clothes, whatever) than it is for someone who is in the position of asking for $2 so he/she can get something to eat. For example, if you're working very hard to get $100 of groceries, another $20 bucks is a big bite of your purchasing power. But an extra 20% is less painful when it just means you recalibrate your caviar, champaign, and child hookers budget slightly before attending your next black mass in the Hamptons.

Ain't that right, @Flamencology?

Yes. It's an absurd idea, as presented, for the US.

fwiw, this is 'Murica; you don't have to look very far or deep to find someone threatening violence over something.

This doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Bernie supporters come unglued either.

The Trump clan already lives deep withing their "values" of hate, fear, and greed. That is why they identify with his "tells it like it is" rhetoric. Violence is already just a breath away on a daily basis.

The Trump clan already lives deep withing their "values" of hate, fear, and greed. That is why they identify with his "tells it like it is" rhetoric. Violence is already just a breath away on a daily basis.

yep.....when you see a trump rally, you realize that a lot of people haven't come very far since the civil war.

Last edited:
Jim Webb has decided that bowing out with dignity just wasn’t good enough and written an op-ed so horrible that I’m amazed that even the Washinton Post would stoop to running it.

As president, Jackson ordered the removal of Indian tribes east of the Mississippi to lands west of the river. This approach, supported by a string of presidents, including Jefferson and John Quincy Adams, was a disaster, resulting in the Trail of Tears where thousands died. But was its motivation genocidal? Robert Remini, Jackson’s most prominent biographer, wrote that his intent was to end the increasingly bloody Indian Wars and to protect the Indians from certain annihilation at the hands of an ever-expanding frontier population. Indeed, it would be difficult to call someone genocidal when years before, after one bloody fight, he brought an orphaned Native American baby from the battlefield to his home in Tennessee and raised him as his son.

Good Ol’ Hickory, saving the indians with forced marches. What a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back