OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their heroes, our founding fathers and Reagan, would never support someone like Trump. Their words, action, and history clearly bare this out.
Yeah, the last 2 republican nominees and presidents don't support him. That is still unbelievable to me. Not that they don't support Trump, but that the party nominated someone they couldn't support.

Yeah, the last 2 republican nominees and presidents don't support him. That is still unbelievable to me. Not that they don't support Trump, but that the party nominated someone they couldn't support.

blame paul ryan. he's the one who refused to allow the rules committee to be opened at the beginning of the convention. else they could have changed the rule about delegates HAVING to cast their votes according to the popular vote. delegates HAVE voted their conscience in the past, not very often, but it has happened.
that would have blocked trump. he would never have gotten enough votes, had the delegates been allowed to vote otherwise.

blame paul ryan. he's the one who refused to allow the rules committee to be opened at the beginning of the convention. else they could have changed the rule about delegates HAVING to cast their votes according to the popular vote. delegates HAVE voted their conscience in the past, not very often, but it has happened.
that would have blocked trump. he would never have gotten enough votes, had the delegates been allowed to vote otherwise.
There are a lot of things I can blame on Paul Ryan. He's a first class asshole.

That isn't the problem. The problem is enough people thought it was a good idea to vote for him in the primaries. And of all the supporters in the world, Trump supporters are not the ones I want to change the rules on to take the nomination away from. You are just asking for trouble.

i'll bet 5 bucks it'll be in philadelphia

I think Texas and Arizona are more likely. Those same morons who patrol the border and hold wannabe klan rallies outside mosques with body armor and AR-15s are going to appoint themselves as poll watchers. The cops will get involved and some rookie cop will overreact, or a peckerwood cop will turn a blind eye, and it will turn to shit.

14720626_10207876821177716_1332948687134991929_n.jpg

i'll bet 5 bucks it'll be in philadelphia

Doubtful, Philly (and the adjacent counties) is a dem stronghold

I'd like to think it's incredibly unlikely that there will be violence at the polls this election but I also never thought there'd be a point in our modern society where people would be hunting down and ambushing LEOs.

Doubtful, Philly (and the adjacent counties) is a dem stronghold

I'd like to think it's incredibly unlikely that there will be violence at the polls this election but I also never thought there'd be a point in our modern society where people would be hunting down and ambushing LEOs.

Deep Purple predicted this.

Just the threat of Trump's nut jobs is enough. That means police presence at the polls this year. Question is, how many black people will say fuck it, I'm staying home. I don't want to get shot for holding a ballot in a threatening manor.

Which is interesting given my concerns regarding the Democrats and super delegates and how it all affected Bernie. It is a very interesting balancing act between "democracy" in terms of the will of the people expressed as a popular vote, and trying to make sure you don't get a complete wing nut. And there of course are the freedom of association issues dealing with the rights of political parties to organize. I frankly had not really thought much about any of that until this year.

I still would like to see some election and voting reform along the lines of instant runoff and ranked choice. Who knows if this election year, even as screwed up as it has been, will result in any movement toward adoption of any of that. Not holding my breath.

http://www.fairvote.org/solutions

Question is, how many black people will say fuck it, I'm staying home. I don't want to get shot for holding a ballot in a threatening manor.

That depends on how it goes. If Trump’s election monitors are just retirees with smartphones it won’t be a big deal. If vans full of peckerwoods with AR-15s drive to minority neighborhoods to guard the polls it will be all over the news and people probably will stay away. I expect to see a lot more of the former. But a little of the latter seems inevitable, especially in states that have lots of gun nuts and retirees. But those states aren’t critical to Clinton winning.

Yeah yeah yeah, but how are violence at the polls and trump not conceding after the polls have closed connected?

Actually, i don't give a shit.

I believe there were skirmishes during CHADSMANIA in 2000. And that was over the candidacy of Al "warm milk and sedatives" Gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back