OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3f87c13ca09799f5570e82d33feafa51.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It might have something to do with a candidate/major media figure (Trump) giving credence to fears/paranoia/tinfoil-hat-stuff about people being screwed over by elites/space lizards which might prompt angry people to "defend their liberties" at the polls.

Just because we regard the conspiratorial worldview of the Trump campaign as wacky doesn't mean that it isn't powerfully real for many of our well-armed neighbors.

Yeah yeah yeah, but how are violence at the polls and trump not conceding after the polls have closed connected?

Actually, i don't give a shit.

Ok, so someone explain what happens if Trump doesn't accept the election results, whether it's a landslide for Hillary (it will be) or not? Does time stop and the country goes into perpetual POTUS limbo? I'm confused why this is even an issue. It's a speculative dead end.

I'm calling it now Donald Trump will announce his new TV network instead of properly conceding the election.

His die-hard faithful will become his audience and he can continue with all the conspiracy theories and other prattle. It perfectly explains why he's turning on everyone including Fox News.

From Donald's mouth only he can provide the truth almost like a TV preacher.

Ok, so someone explain what happens if Trump doesn't accept the election results, whether it's a landslide for Hillary (it will be) or not? Does time stop and the country goes into perpetual POTUS limbo? I'm confused why this is even an issue. It's a speculative dead end.
I cannot speak for everyone, but I believe the point is that if he does not concede and accept the loss as legitimate, and complain further that it is rigged and that he should be President, his followers could be egged on to any number of shenanigans such as attempted rebellion, violent protests, etc. And at the polls, before the election is over, the concern is that his "poll watchers" could cause some sort of trouble or violence, or intimidate minority voters from even coming to the polls. And the connection between all of this and his statement last night, is that it fuels those flames. The traditional answer is that "of course I will accept the will of the people as expressed by the vote."

I cannot speak for everyone, but I believe the point is that if he does not concede and accept the loss as legitimate, and complain further that it is rigged and that he should be President, his followers could be egged on to any number of shenanigans such as attempted rebellion, violent protests, etc. And at the polls, before the election is over, the concern is that his "poll watchers" could cause some sort of trouble or violence, or intimidate minority voters from even coming to the polls. And the connection between all of this and his statement last night, is that it fuels those flames. The traditional answer is that "of course I will accept the will of the people as expressed by the vote."

Or, his campaign staff will realize the paychecks are going to stop coming in and leave him...and he'll revert back to firing off withering tweets that nobody really cares about and nobody will touch him with a 10' pole ever again.

EDIT: And also, Pence as well as the GOP will need to immediately go into damage control and start washing the shit off of themselves. That will include telling Donny Boy to STFU, which he will. I just hope something good comes out of all this.

Last edited:
Or, his campaign staff will realize the paychecks are going to stop coming in and leave him...and he'll revert back to firing off withering tweets that nobody really cares about and nobody will touch him with a 10' pole ever again.
This is my hope, and that more GOP'ers and even the radically whacky conservatives within their ranks distance themselves from his defiance.

EDIT: further to your question above and why it is important: Historically, the peaceful transition between presidential administrations is a hall mark of what is good about our country and government. It was noted by Europe after our early elections, as noted last night by the debate commentator Cokie Roberts on ABC last night.

Last edited:

I've got admit that while my now 12 year0old sone would have told you were wrong when he was seven, I only know now because I'm completely obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack. It's making care more about history than I ever thought I could.

Thankfully no one's made any music to date that makes Ayn Rand's books/philosophy seems interesting to me...and I'm a Rush fan, just not a 2112 fan (although I love A Passage to Bangkok).

I had to throw my copy of 2112 away because it had a Satanic image on the front and the guy's naked butt made me feel uncomfortbal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back