OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
14595624_1873210302899175_650512602820683599_n.png

For the record, I think the next POTUS will have to deal with a recession. We've been up, cycle is bound to reverse, probably before the 2018 midterm election.
I wouldn't doubt it. Plus things like real estate around here have inflated too quickly again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn't doubt it. Plus things like real estate around here have inflated too quickly again.

Ditto here on real estate. I think the next economic downturn is right around the corner. I think this time it is going to be related to unsecured consumer debt defaults. Lots of reports suggest flat wages for many years have created a world where people have massive crushing debt and no savings. One small bump in interest rates will tip the boat over for s lot of people.

NYC real estate is weird. On one hand, you've got incredible gentrification forcing out low-income residents. OTOH, there's more construction here than ever before. Landlords are dealing on rent again, but good luck finding a place near the subway. Jamaica, Queens is booming and people are willingly moving to the South Bronx. It's only a matter of time.

I don't think it's as "left" as it is "disgusted by idiocy".

It does lean left, in large part because those with left leaning views tend to always show up for discussions.

People with right leaning views are probably mostly sick of being talked down to and just stay out of these discussions.

It does lean left, in large part because those with left leaning views tend to always show up for discussions.

People with right leaning views are probably mostly sick of being talked down to and just stay out of these discussions.
Well, there was a time when the GOP did consist of intelligent people. The sad part is that everybody I know that claims to be a Republican will just parrot things I know for a fact to be untrue because of the worlds I live in. Like when people outside of New Jersey try to tell me that my worthless cameltoed assbag of a governor is fantastic while he's been pilfering my pension (I work for a school system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back