OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/jones111498.htm

But also, if the women that accused Bill of these indiscretions were lying, why would the Clintons waste an opportunity to sue them for defamation and clear their name?

Only thing I can think of anyway. :-/

There's nothing in that story about Hillary attacking Jones.

The more of a public figure you are, the harder it is to sue for defamation (under the notion that winning a defamation suit chills free speech). For high level politicians and their families, it is is impossible.

And after that, apparently, they are planning to use Yorktown, Hornet, and Lexington...they are returning to the old system of naming carriers after old and distinguished naval vessels, in this case WW2 carriers...
Huh. I've been hoping for a new Lexington. I'm rather attached to CV-16.

The more of a public figure you are, the harder it is to sue for defamation (under the notion that winning a defamation suit chills free speech). For high level politicians and their families, it is is impossible.

That and they really just don’t have time for that shit. Being president is time consuming. So is trying to be the mother of a teenager and the first lady of the USA. Who’s going to voluntarily add civil suits to that?

Trump is still getting 44% of the popular vote. Maybe that will be the impetus for a bipartisan overhaul of education in this country.
Yes, and that part bothers me along with things like the angry rant posted by @smurfco and the T-shirt he also posted. It seems as though Trump is doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on a completely fact-less stance aimed at tarring "the other side" and is rallying his mis-informed support group for some sort of post election shenanigans. I do not like it one bit. Especially since I live in this little tiny liberal island (land island in the mountains. It even tends to run on island time. Must be a resort thing.) out in the middle of a very red state.

Last edited:
9efff8ca1bead78016b346b3ec2e5fb6.png

According to NBC's Katy Tur, this man is at tonight's Trump rally with his wife and two young children.

Not in the least bit deplorable. /s

I honestly wish she'd have stood by that remark. She was never going to win those folks over anyway and by apologizing to people who will hate her no matter what she looks like exactly what everyone says she is, a spineless politician

To the deplorables yes, but as you said they were never going to support her.

The apology was to her supporters for stooping to the level of her competition. She wanted them to know that she was better than that, made a mistake, and apologized for it. She acknowledged and made herself accountable for her actions and statements. This is something that Republicans and conservatives haven't been able to do since at least January 20, 2001...or more precisely haven't felt the obligation to do since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back