OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the deplorables yes, but as you said they were never going to support her.

The apology was to her supporters for stooping to the level of her competition. She wanted them to know that she was better than that, made a mistake, and apologized for it. She acknowledged and made herself accountable for her actions and statements. This is something that Republicans and conservatives haven't been able to do since at least January 20, 2001...or more precisely haven't felt the obligation to do since.
Calling out a group of racist conspiracy theorists for being racist conspiracy theorists is not the same as anything that Donald Trump has said about Clinton.

Calling out a group of racist conspiracy theorists for being racist conspiracy theorists is not the same as anything that Donald Trump has said about Clinton.
My main objection to the comment was the numbering of the percentage at "half"...there is no denying that some percentage of Trump supporters deserve the "deplorable" branding but by quantifying the percentage as she did she potentially included a significant number of people who didn't deserve it...I believe most of the people who protested the remark felt as I did...

To the deplorables yes, but as you said they were never going to support her.

The apology was to her supporters for stooping to the level of her competition. She wanted them to know that she was better than that, made a mistake, and apologized for it. She acknowledged and made herself accountable for her actions and statements. This is something that Republicans and conservatives haven't been able to do since at least January 20, 2001...or more precisely haven't felt the obligation to do since.

They stand by their creed: Never admit wrong doing, nor defeat.

My main objection to the comment was the numbering of the percentage at "half"...there is no denying that some percentage of Trump supporters deserve the "deplorable" branding but by quantifying the percentage as she did she potentially included a significant number of people who didn't deserve it...I believe most of the people who protested the remark felt as I did...
Personally, I believe that regardless of their reasons for doing so, they are supporting a man who has disparaged everybody under the sun, shown complete disregard for democratic rule of law, pissed on the constitution, and wiped his ass with the bill of rights. Regardless of their reasons for supporting him, they are supporting all of that. The mass deportation of 12 million people and the building of a wall on the boarder with our putative ally alone is a deplorable thing to support.

My only objection to the fraction is that it was too low by half.

There's approximately 150 million registered voters in the US. Roughly half of them, 75 million, are Republicans. Half of that is 37.5 million, or approximately 12% of the total US population.

It's just a different 12% than the Republicans want us to believe it is.

Yeah, I have an issue with the percentage as well. As any one of his statements or rants should have EVERYONE running away from the man. But accepting any of them, let alone a cluster and at the worst ALL of them...100% deplorable. They may be decent people, in fact I know some and they are good folks, good parents with nice kids and I've even met extended family. The support of Trump in any part, however is deplorable.

So it's not really the people as a whole, so maybe it's 50% or less of each person (but in some cases you know it's 100% support) that has made a deplorable decision and certainly supports one of if not THE most deplorable person to even run for President, let alone win the ticket of one of the parties.

Their complicity in his selection as a Presidential candidate is deplorable. So instead of bothering to clearly define them as having deplorable decision making skills, HRC went full deplorable.

But both sides agree that the other has no right judging the other. Progress?

14657485_10154040807767843_671628127459415893_n.jpg

And in my opinion, those that still stood by him after it was apparent that he was standing by the white supremacists deserved the label. You can't swim in the sewer and not get shit on you.

The tipping point:

Screen-Shot-2016-09-12-at-4.21.53-PM.png

You are either one of them, or you are not. There is no fence to sit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back