OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CVN-79 will be the John F Kennedy (I don't like that but whatever) and CVN-80 will be Enterprise
And after that, apparently, they are planning to use Yorktown, Hornet, and Lexington...they are returning to the old system of naming carriers after old and distinguished naval vessels, in this case WW2 carriers...

Wow. Not sure what to make of this, other than this whole thing is both somewhat amusing in a very distasteful way, and somewhat unnerving and frightening. Seems like Trump may be repeating bad info from Russia.

Quote:

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

Wow. Not sure what to make of this, other than this whole thing is both somewhat amusing in a very distasteful way, and somewhat unnerving and frightening. Seems like Trump may be repeating bad info from Russia.

Quote:

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

I know exactly what to make of it.

Quote:

Wow, it just keeps getting more disturbing. :messedup:

On NPR yesterday they were discussing the possibility that the information isn't just "laid out" on Wiki Leaks from the source, but potentially the source could be editing, omitting, or even adding content.

We live in a world where it's getting more and more difficult to discern facts from opinions and every one of those opinions is coming from a different perspective and have their own agendas.

Of course, this should be expected in a country where most of it's citizens don't understand the scientific method, what it means to be an objective observer, or to have reproducible results. Instead they're too quick to use a USA Today or FoxNew reader poll as their "collection of facts" >sigh< :facepalm:

I feel a disturbance in The Farce.

darth.jpg

Screenshot_116.jpg

Last edited:
We live in a world where it's getting more and more difficult to discern facts from opinions and every one of those opinions is coming from a different perspective and have their own agendas.

We live in a world where people have become to lazy or to eager to do any research/source confirmation/fact checking and simply accept everything they read online as true. Even news agencies have been caught with their pants down, failing to confirm info from the internet or sources, in a rush to be the first with a story. Recall the reported names of the pilots of flight 214.....

Quote:

:markfacepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We live in a world where people have become to lazy or to eager to do any research/source confirmation/fact checking and simply accept everything they read online as true. Even news agencies have been caught with their pants down, failing to confirm info from the internet or sources, in a rush to be the first with a story. Recall the reported names of the pilots of flight 214.....
Yep, which is pretty ironic given how easily accessible information is these days. Back in my day, we went to the library and used the card catalog....
60502692.jpg

Well, it made me think twice before even posting this. How do I know any of this story is true? Other than to go back and try to find the guy's original article in print, which I could do later today at the library. I may just do that just to prove it to myself.

On NPR yesterday they were discussing the possibility that the information isn't just "laid out" on Wiki Leaks from the source, but potentially the source could be editing, omitting, or even adding content.

Of course, this should be expected in a country where most of it's citizens don't understand the scientific method, what it means to be an objective observer, or to have reproducible results. Instead they're too quick to use a USA Today or FoxNew reader poll as their "collection of facts" >sigh< :facepalm:

Yeah, there's this HUGE disconnect between the concept of what you like/prefer or want to be true or the way the way things are OR should be in your mind and the truth or reality.

The fact that you like vanilla ice cream more than chocolate is not something anyone else can decide for you. But just because you want HRC to be a criminal to justify your dislike or hatred of her does not, in fact, make her a criminal. Similarly, just because he's the Republican candidate, does not mitigate or undo the fact that Trump is spewing endless amounts of xenophobic rhetoric, has spoken of sexual assault as a casual thing. has a huge and documented history of bad business dealings, has shown little regard for marriage, and is a misogynist. The fact that you may not know what a misogynist is or that you don't realize that doing anything sexual with/to someone without there explicit consent is sexual assault doesn't mean they aren't actual things either...or that sexual assault is in fact illegal.

I want Trump supporters to see through his bullshit, but I'm not able to lie to myself that they do/can/will. They support the viewpoints of Trump, which I find abhorrent. I cannot and will not deny these facts regardless of how much I dislike them. My perception of reality is quite clear. I didn't lie to myself about Bill Clinton's or John Edwards' infidelity despite wanting none of the instances to have occurred.

Once the bomb dropped on Edwards, I was done with the man despite that great work he did getting insurance companies to own up to their obligations to pay for the healthcare needed by their clients. As has been mentioned, I was fan of McCain in general, but even before the 2008 election, he was one of the many centrist Republicans/conservatives that became a different person after 9/11. His last Presidential run and particularly the running mate he agreed to just destroyed his image.

The notion that something is true if it's true to you has spread like a virus. There is seemingly no cure for this mentality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back