OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
14670619_1145684888879339_8879549702393462288_n.jpg

mccain went around the fucking bend. i appreciate his sacrifice and his being tortured as a prisoner.....but he sold his soul a long time ago to the right wing machine.

I used to have some respect for McCain, but he lost me when he dropped his opposition to the Bush administration's use of torture, in exchange for becoming the 2008 nominee. If ANYBODY could have stood up to Bush on torture, it was McCain- but like you said, he sold his soul.

I used to have some respect for McCain, but he lost me when he dropped his opposition to the Bush administration's use of torture, in exchange for becoming the 2008 nominee. If ANYBODY could have stood up to Bush on torture, it was McCain- but like you said, he sold his soul.
McCain was the last of the old guard, Pre-Gingrich Republicans. He made a deal with the devil in 2008 and it bit him on the ass in addition to costing him his credibility. The most he can hope for now is for a future carrier to be named after him (which i would support doing).

Somehow, seeing a guy, reportedly attending a rally with his family, wearing that shirt, really has me down about where a lot of our country has gone in terms of thought (or lack thereof) and demeanor.

You can look directly to breitbart and similar sites. Rational thought has been replaced by conspiracies supported by lies. It's remarkable.

McCain was the last of the old guard, Pre-Gingrich Republicans. He made a deal with the devil in 2008 and it bit him on the ass in addition to costing him his credibility. The most he can hope for now is for a future carrier to be named after him (which i would support doing).
He's going to have to wait for a long time...After they finish the Gerald Ford they are going to be resurrecting the Kennedy and Enterprise names...

He's going to have to wait for a long time...After they finish the Gerald Ford they are going to be resurrecting the Kennedy and Enterprise names...
I thought they were already in process of building another Enterprise after CVN-65.

Same here. Once he dropped that, the selection of Palin was the nail in the coffin for me. He had abandoned his principals to try to become president which is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back