OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As awful as the right has been about relentless, historically unprecedented obstructionism (mostly to the detriment of the nation), and about their 8-year extended tantrum about ObamaHitlerStalinMao's tyrannical rule*, think how much worse it would have been had he used that advantage from the outset.

* And I want to state this outright with no equivocation: if you have at any time bought into any of the countless fact-free conspiracy theories, despicable propaganda and outright hate speech the right has spread like radioactive syphilis about Obama, you are a moron whose opinions are worth nothing because of your stupid gullibility.

Nice. Who said that?

As awful as the right has been about relentless, historically unprecedented obstructionism (mostly to the detriment of the nation), and about their 8-year extended tantrum about ObamaHitlerStalinMao's tyrannical rule*, think how much worse it would have been had he used that advantage from the outset.

* And I want to state this outright with no equivocation: if you have at any time bought into any of the countless fact-free conspiracy theories, despicable propaganda and outright hate speech the right has spread like radioactive syphilis about Obama, you are a moron whose opinions are worth nothing because of your stupid gullibility.

Had he used whatever advantage he had from the outset, there likely wouldn't have been a 2010 midterm turnaround, paving the way for the obstruction. Like I said, don't squander it. They don't.

Last edited:
It's more true than him being a Kenyan Communist Muslim Nazi Al Qaeda leader, though.

Regardless, he wasted a LOT of time in his first term trying to work with republicans in Congress, before he finally realized they were serious about being the party of "no".
This was one failure. The other disappointment to me was when he was met with obstinance, his not talking more directly to the people, fireside chat style, to allay fears about his proposed programs such as the ACA, so that the more central group of voters could make their wishes known to congress/senate, with elections coming up. I think he is a great communicator and that he should have used that skill more to call BS and to try to move things forward.

This was one failure. The other disappointment to me was when he was met with obstinance, his not talking more directly to the people, fireside chat style, to allay fears about his proposed programs such as the ACA, so that the more central group of voters could make their wishes known to congress/senate, with elections coming up. I think he is a great communicator and that he should have used that skill more to call BS and to try to move things forward.

I initially thought he should have called them out publicly, but I realized putting them on the defensive wouldn't have helped. I don't think the fire side chat thing has been employed in my lifetime, but I would welcome it. Let the President address the nation without the constant interruption of the applause when giving the state of the union. The other party can have their rebuttal afterwards, but having the President making their case directly to the people on a regular basis makes sense.

As I read stuff this morning and come across photos from the last debate, I cannot stop Time of my Life from entering my head. Must be one of those catchy pop songs someone posted about on a different thread. Insidiously catchy, and very tenacious in its desire to occupy my brain. Just sayin'.

As I read stuff this morning and come across photos from the last debate, I cannot stop Time of my Life from entering my head. Must be one of those catchy pop songs someone posted about on a different thread. Insidiously catchy, and very tenacious in its desire to occupy my brain. Just sayin'.

You talking about the Green Day tune? I so do not enjoy Billie's voice.

97f547a38fdea9a813970eb949f8e287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back